Eeeek Lilith has been Degloved!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ..My ..Gosh ..:hugs: to you and her :heart:

I'm sure she will be fine with you taking care of her :heart:

Oh my poor baby!! She's hurting almost as much as this morning :( I got another .2 cc's of metacam into her. I do have the injectable buprenorphine here but it causes pica behaviour and I just cannot take a chance at this stage :(

Plus her right eye is well...right messed up today. :gaah:

tail now
May5Lilithtailevening.jpg

good eye
may5Lilithgoodeye.jpg

bad eye
may5Lilithbadeye.jpg

may5Lilithbadeye2.jpg

She was put on baytril 3 days prior to this, because of another eye infection so I am really hoping this is just gunk. She's pretty frantic right now so examining Lilith Lids of Steel is out right now.

She is calming down now.

Ugh, Lilith has such bad luck :sad3: Hang in there :heart:

Just curious, I had a degloving but got it amputated and stitched back up, if you let it dry up and fall off, will the skin "knit" around the last piece of bone?

I'm so sorry hun. Is there nothing stronger you can give her that wont cause the pica behavior? It must be horrible to watch her in that state. Is she even able to sleep it off? :sad3:

can rats have tramadol? and if so, is it as strong as bup, or stronger? I think I read somewhere about a rat getting tramadol, but I could be mistaken, it might have been a cat.......

er wait, I think it was a Cat not a rat, well anyway, I know tramadol was tested on rats, so I'm thinking it might be safe....?

I tried to google it but only came up with the research done for human use of tramadol, pfffft

I used to have tramadol here, but it got used up. Tramadol is a very good additional painkiller for rats. I am hoping the initial pain is going as of today...just like with us that first day is usually horrific :(

Ouch! Just saw this. Hope Lilith gets to feeling better....I've been lucky enough not to have to deal with this yet. I think when the day comes I will probably totally lose my cool. So, better you than me! Good luck :)

Well after a terrible evening and night, where Lilith ended up getting her daily maximum of metacam, it seems the horrible pain has diminished. She got her baytril and metacam this morning *blech phooey, rub, rub* and has settled in for a nap. She's actually running loose still, as I figure she had a better chance finding somewhere comfortable out I there than in a cage. She's stopped running around trying to escape the pain. I flushed her eye and it doesn't seem to be bothering her at the moment.

Here it is this morning...

may6LilithstailAM.jpg

may6LilithAM.jpg

Dazzle, from what I understand (since my only tail amputation was a surgery as well) the amazing powers of ratty healing come into play and the skin heals over the end :)

Glad she's doing better!! Hopefully that falls off quickly and she keeps improving.

Ah okay, thanks, rats are such impressive creatures, I'm sure it wouldn't work that way for us lol.

wow did that ever look like it hurt! poor girl. Amazing what injuries these guys can get them selves into. Give her kisses from us.

Back