Edith has passed the 31 month mark! Dec 4

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

Edith is probably the last survivor of two litters of half-sibling ratties (24 rats in all) from a pet store surprise. Some of you may know these ratties as the Hampton ratties. It was SQ's first major operation at finding homes, and it was a resounding success.

But many of the rats died very young. Her sister Rhonda died in August. Edith is still hanging in there. She has PT, and she's had a couple of non-malignant masses removed (wasn't spayed til I adopted her, at almost a year old), yet she has a good appetite and loves to rip paper and cardboard to build nests.

Here is the gourmet treat that I prepared for her 30th month day party on Nov 4th. It's a healthy muffin surrounded by carrots & cauliflower!
Edithspartygourmettreat.jpg

Here is Edith (the black berk) and her buddies enjoying their feast:
Edithandfriends30monthday.jpg

Here's what happened when Angela tried to take Edith's birthday muffin:

The vet is pleased with how Edith is doing. She's on Pred and Baytril for life, and we may soon have to add Lasix.

Oh, they went for the muffin first! Why doesn't that surprise me? :D
What shiny healthy looking little ladies you have.
Edith is certainly holding her own when it comes to her muffin, isn't she? :lol:

Edith is such a wonderful little girl.
Great to see her looking so well!!
Really enjoyed the video of Edith and her muffin :)

I am looking forward to seeing her again and giving her cuddles and belly kisses :)

Poor little girl ... :wink:
(Edith and I have a complicated relationship 8) )

Back