echinacea dosages...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarunia

hey everybody!! i keep my boys on echinacea, and have been doing so for the last little bit. i've been giving slava 2-4 drops... problem is, they LOVE IT. i mean, hunt down the bottle and drink it strait out of the dropper bottle. lately i've been wondering if i've been giving them too much, as their love of it (it's coconut flavored) makes me want to give them a bit more (i'm a sucker, i know....). i know that humans can take quite a lot of echinacea, but do any of you know the limitations for ratties?? i don't want to make them sick by giving them too much.

thanks!!

sarunia

I think the dosage is 1 drop a day for 7 days. Then none for 3 weeks then 1 drop a day for 7 days, etc.

It is used by some to enhance the immune system in healthy animals.
It is not used to treat illness.
I have been told that it will lose its effectiveness if it is used constantly .

if the boys didn't love it so much this would be easier. but literally, slava today climbed up my leg onto the desk, found the dropper, started to nibble on it........ then, i pulled the dropper out to let him have a taste and he went willlllld :panic:

i'll just use more sparingly, i guess. it'll be their super-special treat :giggle:

Back