Early signs of PT or something else? RIP Mischa :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, I get that sinking feeling too when they all of a sudden have energy.
I was looking at her pics again... makes me want to scoop her up and kiss her all over.

Mischa had a lot of energy yesterday and today. So much so she actually came out into the play room and was roaming around! I couldn't believe it. She's also trying to run but she's so off balance from the PT. She's doing her best though.
She managed to eat quite a bit of oatmeal with the girls this morning.

Mischa is in the front by the door with her paws in the food.
158.jpg

I'm afraid she'll have this high energy and then we'll find her crashed out...but at least she's having some good days.

We've noticed that the weight Mischa had put on has started to come off again kinda quick...she's starting to feel quite thin. But to look at her she just keeps telling us that she wants to keep going so we're going to let her. She's giving a brave fight that's for sure.

Mischa lost the fight today. We had to put her down. I feel really bad because it's my fault...I dropped her last night...and that seemed to put her over the edge. At first I thought I had killed her because she didn't move but I scooped her up and noticed she was moving but she was worse off.
We were able to get an appointment today to have her put down. It sucks because Dr.Dunnett wasn't there nor Dr.Gallon so we had to have a stranger put her down. It was a rushed appointment because the previous appointment took longer then expected and she had to be some place herself.
It sucks...we got to spend time with her last night but it's not fair that it seemed so rushed to have her leave us.

I am so sorry . Please don't blame yourself......dropping her was an accident and we have all had accidents happen. It was only a matter of time....you had given her lots of quality time. I am sorry this had to happen...I know how awful you guys must feel........ :hugs:

Back