Dry Skin Nakkies?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevalrose

I usually put olive oil on my two hairless once a week or so but they still seem to be drying out (especially their stomachs...they keep peeling). How often do you oil your hairless? Is one oil better than another (Extra Virgin, Regular, Peanut oil maybe?)?

I use Aveeno Advanced Care Moisturizing Cream for Pinky and she's the prettiest/pinkest/softest nekkid rat I've ever seen :wink2: :giggle:

I use baby oil on mine. I only use it if I see that they are drying out though. Perhaps there's an underlying skin conidition? I have never seen the skin on any of mine crack and peel. A trip to the vet might be in order.

I read feeding your rat olive oil helps moisturize the skin from the inside out and if your ratties won't eat it, try placing it in bread. About a teaspoon once a day until the dryness resolves, then once or twice a week to keep the skin in good condition. Oh sounds nasty!

I read feeding your rat olive oil helps moisturize the skin from the inside out and if your ratties won't eat it, try placing it in bread. About a teaspoon once a day until the dryness resolves, then once or twice a week to keep the skin in good condition. Oh sounds nasty!

My naked kids stay smooth and supple all the time, we simply add olive oil to their diet in the winter. I do occassionally rub them down with it, but then they become "treats" for the furkids and hate it LOL

My nakkies are only about 5months old but never been dry and we add olive oil to their food mixed into rice or baby food a coupe times a week...seems to do the trick...and they love it as do the fur kids.

I have never had any nakkies but this oil thing :puke: do the ratties eat it without a problem?
Everytime I think of it my arteries clog. :D

Back