Drop pans

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draco

I just bought a Critter Nation cage for my rat girls. My daughter recomended i get a deeper pan from Bass equipment that fits perfectly in this cage. Ok , great but she says i need to spray paint it with Restoleum and let it cure for 2 weeks. Hmmm, okay but when the paint chips like hers has isnt that toxic to the rats and she said it will need to be repainted every now and then. So, your talking paint build up. It sounds like an ok idea since she said you should not use the pan the way it comes as galvanized metal. I was wondering if anyone else has used anything on the pan that has worked better and is safe for the rats????
I had an idea but also wanted some input.....My idea was using Rhino lining, You know what they spray in the bed of a truck to make a bed liner. The only info i can find on the stuff is it is They say it is based on 100% solid environmentally friendly formula . Is made of a combination of polyurethanes and epoxies,contains no volatiles organic compounds. Whatever the heck that means but what i do know is it dries into like a hard plastic keeps water out and is easily washed and would seem to last a long time. It ,to me, would give the drop pan a plastic coating. Which, to me would be better than spray paint just in thought. So, since i cant find any other info on this thought i would sign up here and get some intake on the matter. I have been told you can buy this stuff and paint it on things yourself.
So, Please any thoughts any of you have would be much appreciated. I just want a safe environment for my babies but i also need a deeper pan to save on cleanup on my floors.

Back