DoodleTails? This is Horrible!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that and posted it in chat this morning, that was utterly disturbing. I feel for them, having your tail in a love knot looking pattern cannot be healthy.

Please tell me the general thought on this at goose moose is that it's positively wrong!
What the heck is wrong with people? Let me guess, must have been a cool anomaly on a rat at a pet store. So let's breed them. :(

jorats said:
Please tell me the general thought on this at goose moose is that it's positively wrong!
What the heck is wrong with people? Let me guess, must have been a cool anomaly on a rat at a pet store. So let's breed them. :(

They are absolutely revolted...not one person has said its kinda neat or anything.

jorats said:

From what I seen it was wrong, they were not agreeing with it.

It was also labeled a "project" that was worse than saying i am breeding them.

lilspaz68 said:
jorats said:

They are absolutely revolted...not one person has said its kinda neat or anything.

Well thank goodness for that. I wonder if the breeder ever considered what it would be like to be born with severely disfigured limbs, or clubfeet or something. Say I didn't know the first thing about rats, I still wouldn't look at that and think it cute.

Tails are so important to rats for temperature regulation and for balance that to purposely breed rats with deformed tails is abuse imo. :sad3:
Notice they also breed tail less rats :sad3:

I think of all the health issues...there would be so many. This is not improving the rat, this is just a mutation that might appeal to people who like freaky things.

The tail is used in communication, balance, radiating heat. Is there spine involvement since it is coming from tailless lines? Could spine issues develop? Or nerve impingement? The tail might be prone to bacterial infections from being folded up and not being able to be cleaned (like a jowly dogs folds).

SQ said:
Tails are so important to rats for temperature regulation and for balance that to purposely breed rats with deformed tails is abuse imo. :sad3:
Notice they also breed tail less rats :sad3:

that is where snickerdoodle came from, the tailess rats, so it was in that gene pool that gave him this...

it is really sad.

lilspaz68 said:
I think of all the health issues...there would be so many. This is not improving the rat, this is just a mutation that might appeal to people who like freaky things.

The tail is used in communication, balance, radiating heat. Is there spine involvement since it is coming from tailless lines? Could spine issues develop? Or nerve impingement? The tail might be prone to bacterial infections from being folded up and not being able to be cleaned (like a jowly dogs folds).

That is what I wondered, it will get dirty, and cannot be cleaned.

Spectacular!

Another example that furthers my theory that terrible spelling and grammar are a necessity for BYBs. Did you see she has her own diet? It's developed by a "Nutritionist". I suppose she doesn't provide nutritional or ingredient info because it's proprietary.

:redhot:

Wow ..just wow ..who in the right mind would do something like this!

Horrible Horrible Horrible

Wish we could turn the breeder into such a poor rat... see how they like living so mutated and deformed and stuff.

I mean, it's one thing if it happens (like club feet for a baby, you can't really predict it), but to KNOWINGLY breed for tails or any other sort of deformity?

If you look closely, some of the knotted tails are all nasty and probably will end up infected :sad3: There is also a picture of a baby (day 3 of skittles' litter) with a vein or something looking messed up in the pic...it doesn't reappear in the later day pics. One also has a raw/red tip of its tail, possibly from a lack of feeling in the tail?

It was mentioned in the GM thread too that some of them have funny stances, likely spine problems.

I'm sending an email "inquiring" about their rats, to see if they are indeed breeding.

The website is down due to having used up all their bandwidth for the month...so people new to the thread won't be able to see anything.

Well I managed (with advice) to dig out one thumbnail pic of Snicker Doodles's deformity, and also an ad for her litters. Another claim to fame, no illnesses in 7-8 years of breeding...yet another red flag! :roll:

doodletail.jpg

Tiny Feet Rodentry
Date Posted: December, 2009
Price: Free
Looking for a pet rat? Looked at the pet stores but worried about the health of the animal whether or not it will get tumors with age, how old it is where it came from? Don't worry any more Pet store rats are not a safe pet choice they are bred at rat mills. The stores only care about how many they can get not the quality of the pets they are selling. I have been breed pet and show rats for a little over 7 years now. I give all my babies a Lifetime guarantee for their health. I have never had a tumor or RI problem in my line. My babies and handled daily from 3 days old up until they are ready for knew homes at 4-6 weeks. I have several references from many states that can vouch to my breeding ethics. Please feel free to email me or check out my website http://Tinyfeetrodentry.webs.com (it is currently under construction but most pages work fine) I have Dumbo Rex and Standards from time to time and carry Chocolate, Dove, Fawn, Blue and Black n various colour patterns

Back