Donations

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazzle87

Probably a bit too late, but I thought I would ask for other people. Are you charged if we donate to the forum in US dollars? I did so without thinking :(.

Also, I noticed you are having people make "payments" to you. You could switch that to gift, so you wouldn't be charged a fee, since you aren't selling anything.

I didn't know that could be changed. Kevin took care of it. I'll ask him. Thanks for the tip!

Is paypal charging a fee for the currency converter? I never noticed before.

I swear when I have purchased items from people in the UK they have requested that I pay them in pounds to avoid any fees. I wish I knew for sure, or maybe it has changed? It will show in your paypal account either way.

I'm not sure how to switch your link to donate or gift, but I've had buyers choose to pay me as a gift (unfortunately, when you are selling hammocks, that does mess you up for shipping options lol). I would look into it, since the fees do add up.

ETA: I found this: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_donate-intro-outside

Dazzle87 said:
I swear when I have purchased items from people in the UK they have requested that I pay them in pounds to avoid any fees. I wish I knew for sure, or maybe it has changed? It will show in your paypal account either way.

I'm not sure how to switch your link to donate or gift, but I've had buyers choose to pay me as a gift (unfortunately, when you are selling hammocks, that does mess you up for shipping options lol). I would look into it, since the fees do add up.

ETA: I found this: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_donate-intro-outside

With shipping, you avoid the fees by sending an invoice. And I just sent some money in USD and I only paid the paypal fee. There was nothing about a currency converter fee.

When I send 20.00 CAD money, it is like 20.56 in American money, It is just a bit higher. When I accept CAD it is just a bit of change taken off. I always switch to whatever country the money is so they dont have the fee. I also try to send as gift so the money doesnt have fees, depending on who it is of course LOL

Back