Dollarama Fleece Great News :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Please be aware that they are making a new size of 30 x 30, so don't just randomly grab pritty fleeces without making sure its 30 x 40. :sad-p:

I bought 11 fleeces yesterday for shelves (I cut a big one in half), thinking "Woot! 22 shelves...I am set!" Sigh, turning out to me more like 14 :(

I'm going to check today when I am in town, if the place isn't too crowded (man, I hate shopping in December!!). I have been worried that China would stop making the fleece blankets in the economic downturn. What a bummer if the size changes, because the current size is really perfect. One of the other dollar stores sells smaller thinner blankets for a higher price.

I noticed the smaller size a couple of weeks ago,
at first I thought it must have shrunk when I washed it ... but no, all the ones in the dollar store are now smaller. :(

Our dollarama was completely out of fleece for quite a few months, until the small ones came in. Maybe they'll go back to the bigger ones at some point.

Oh, crud! 30 x 40 was perfect for lining the FN pans. Thanks for the head's up, Shelagh. I'll have to try to stock up on some of the bigger ones. I go through them fairly quickly as all of my boys are fleece chewers. :redhot:

I am pretty sure this wont be a mistake guys. Instead of raising the price of the blankies they are smaller. This is bad.

The Walmart here has fleeces that are 30x50 (or maybe 60) for around $3 each, if that helps anyone out! The same size at Harris Teeter (only with patterns) are $5.

I'm so glad that I found out before culling my blankies. I was going to be merciless and throw out the ones with too many holes. Now I think I'll keep them until they get really bad.

Oh man, I'm going to go out tomorrow and hopefully stock up on the old size just incase they are discontinuing it.

Thanks for the heads up!

I think this thread is going to cause some mass hysteria across Ontario! All of us will be stampeding the Dollarama's buying up lots of the old size fleeces! :D

Oddly enough the smaller size is all I've been finding since the summer, except only in the light blue/green striped pattern. Perhaps it's because they sell more quickly, they were being replaced with the new size.

Too bad! I checked out one of the Dollaramas in Fredericton. There were three of the old size left (I grabbed them), and all the others were the 30 x 30. They feel really puny in comparison.

I didn't realize there were new sizes, I actually have some in the new sizes.. At least it's not a huge deal for me since the rats don't keep it in place anyway. :roll:

well that sucks!!!!
i do like some of the smaller ones for the shorter shelves.. plus they make good blankies and stuff...
this really sucks that they are all going to be small now POOP!! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Back