Dollar store finds!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoA

My turn :lol:

I had no idea there was a Dollar Tree a few miles from my house. So I went on a little bit of a shopping spree for the ratties :p

I was so surprised to see cat tunnels at a dollar store!

Oct14005.jpg

Five fleece blankets, two towels (only cute colors they had), cute fleece scarf.

Oct14004.jpg

Three REALLY pretty placemats, two green placemats, two baskets, a bunch of shredded paper, two more fleece scarves.

Oct14006.jpg

Two big, heavy ceramic bowls. Too cute! Not that I need more pet bowls :roll:

Oct14008.jpg

It was pet food day also, so for fun here's what I picked up. The two Solid Gold bags are for Chloe (our lab), the Wellness Healthy Weight is for the kitties, the canned food is for Chloe, and one bag of Dogswell treats (on the left in the pile) is for her also. For the rats I got Karma organic dog food and new Natural Choice berry/apple treats. :)

Oct14001.jpg

Wow, were those cat tunnels only $1?? I love them and my ratties would love them too. I was at my Dollar Tree yesterday and they didn't have those there or the cute bowls you got.

I was seriously shocked to see both the bowls and the tunnels! The tunnel I had bought at Petsmart, which is actually smaller, was $18.99 :p I think I might become a dollar store regular :toothy2:

Those tunnels look *just* like a shorter version of the cat tunnels at Target -- and I thought *those* were a steal at $8! What an awesome find!

So I'm going to the dentist tomorrow...I think I might reward myself by checking out the dollar stores around there. :D

Ooo, hopefully you'll find some goodies :)

I looked up Dollarama locations - apparently there's one in Windsor, just over the Ambassador Bridge! Google Maps since it'd only be about a 20-30 minute drive. I'm considering going on a short roadtrip tomorrow to pick up some of those fleece blankets I've been wanting for months.

Oh, oh! And I should find a pet store in Windsor, so I can buy those Living World houses.

I must really be loony :p Who goes to Canada only for dollar store fleece blankets and rat cage accessories? :panic:

What awesome finds!! We just hit our Dollar Tree and found the exact same bowls and cat tunnels!! I didnt grab the cat tunnels but did grab more bowls!! Bowls always come in handy :D I got a super great deal on one of the bowls as it had a defect inside, nothing that will hurt it but the cashier noticed it and gave me the bowl for 25 cents!!! I was like sold LOL

I love those fleece blankets sooooo adorable and that scarf!!! Way to cute!!! Definetly check back every few weeks as they are always bringing out new items!!! Im waiting on ours to get more pet toys as I really want to grab some rope toys for the boys!!

I wish our Dollar Tree had ANYTHING worth buying. I went in with money burning a hole in my pocket a few weeks ago, and only came out with a bag of skittles and a package of crackers. Couldn't find anything for the ratties. Grr.

YES! The post I talked about our finds... The tunnels! For a buck!! The scarves (we bought tons) have worked perfectly for all sorts of things, too.

SoA said:
I must really be loony :p Who goes to Canada only for dollar store fleece blankets and rat cage accessories? :panic:

It's ok, I made my Dad take me across the border to Maine so I could hit up the US Walmart for fabric. Luckily we were in the general area, but it was still a 30 minute drive, plus wait times at the border.

/me pokes at Chelsey "hey Im not far from you, where is this magical Dollar Tree?" I need to go, Voldy and Esteban need blankies and they want some tunnels to run in as well :D

Ha ha! My boys have that bowl with the paw prints on it.

Word to the wise, wash it a few times, the paint starts to come off. 0.0

Back