Does anyone else have the same splurging habit like me?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rilence

In less than 3 weeks, I've splurged so much on so much stuffs I see:

1426627_10202590594035845_269768879_n.jpg

1424514_10202670412031245_399205399_n.jpg

999459_10202698515613817_1049818068_n.jpg

And I was going to a Chinchilla's shop to just look around and guess what I found :heart:

1452408_10202705728474134_1189669049_n.jpg

VERY GUILTY TO SAY!
But I have 4/5 of items I did not remember to take photos of.
These are just 1/5 of what I've bought for the rats in the last 3 weeks.

I am going insane. :panic:

Haha, We have to go to the petshop ever 2 weeks ish for premix marine fish water or ro water so I tend to always end up buying something for my rats, my 3 year old always gets to pick them out a treat too, ebay is the worst for me i think, by the time its payday i always have loads of rat stuff in my basket that i want to buy :)

Is it bad it puts my mind to comfort knowing I am not the only extremist? :giggle:

My friends all don't understand why my rats need that much stuffs, but well, they do :mrgreen:

I used to do this too and would be still spoiling them rotten if my budget would allow it

I have so much more fun shopping for my rats and cats than I ever do buying for myself

and they are always so happy with anything new.

Well I work at Petsmart! So pretty much daily I find something to bring home. As well as our discounts I spoil them those times. I just bought $70 worth of stuff. Mostly essentials like food and training treats but also more bird ropes, a ball to try making a snuggle ball for the boys and new small ceramic bowls for snacks.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Ohgreat :mrgreen:
I go crazy whenever there are fleece sales in the supermarkets, as well as the dollar shops, and oh, the pet stores are having some Christmas sales which all adds on to my purchases! :emb:

I will assume its bad if I tell you when petsmarts big sales are? Lol
Like say the biggest specialty pet sale of the year thats coming up?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I went a little accessory crazy my first week before adopting my ratties, but since then, I just go to Fabricland and get fleece by the meter. They're having pretty good sales lately: I got 5 meters for a little over 20$, I can turn that into a TON of hammocks, tubes, and liners, etc.

It can take a while, but that is mostly because I'm teaching myself how to use the sewing maching at the same time.

My roommates keep cracking 'housewife' jokes, but it's honestly a great skill to have and it has saved me a bunch of cash. Also, who doesn't want a husband that can sew?

I think there is a level of "getting one's Kit together." For example, I probably spent $150.00 on the rats at first (a lot of money to spend on a $12.00 rat and two $2.50 dollar rats. Well, I know I will not spend much more on them for say... another year. The major expense-- the cage, has been taken care of, so it is all toys and food after this.... I guess that is typical for any new activity.

Optimist said:
I think there is a level of "getting one's Kit together." For example, I probably spent $150.00 on the rats at first (a lot of money to spend on a $12.00 rat and two $2.50 dollar rats. Well, I know I will not spend much more on them for say... another year. The major expense-- the cage, has been taken care of, so it is all toys and food after this.... I guess that is typical for any new activity.

I don't put a price to my rats. That's like going to the vet and saying why did you spend $200 on your $10 rat. Pets don't have prices.

Back