• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Does anybody have a spare cage?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleSparrow

Rattie loves
Our rescue ratty population seems like it's an ever growing cycle. We've just recently brought home another female who is more than likely pregnant. Though I don't know that for sure yet, I would still like to be prepared for a liter, rather than not be.

I'm wondering if anyone has any second hand cages that they would be willing to sell? I'm not looking for anything like a CN or FN, but really any cage(s) that can comfortably hold up to 3-5 adult rats.
I have a male rat I need to find a bigger cage for, as we will be getting him a friend soon and a possibly pregnant female rat in need of a larger cage so I can get her out of the tank she's in now.

Send me a private message or a reply on here if you do. Thank you guys! :cheerful:

I do not have a cage to offer but I can send some homemade hammocks if you need them..

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

That is a very generous offer, Sheldon and thank you very much! But I'm ok as far as hammocks go. :)
We made a recent trip up to the resell shop and came across some cheap fabric so I could slam a few hammock sets down. Our girls hardly chew them at all, but Sterling seems to really love to destroy everything! Haha.

Thank you again, though. :)

From your pm I'm about 4 1/2 hours from you. I hate petco, but they usually have pretty good sales on cages and free shipping. Same with 1800petsupplies

I'll take a look at petco online and see what they have. :) We're on a pretty tight budget at the moment, so I've been looking on craigslist as well, but it doesn't seem like very many people have spare cages they are wanting to get rid of.

Hopefloats: I'm in Highland, which is fairly in the middle of the state but just a little to the East.

I'll take a look at petco online and see what they have. :) We're on a pretty tight budget at the moment, so I've been looking on craigslist as well, but it doesn't seem like very many people have spare cages they are wanting to get rid of.

Hopefloats: I'm in Highland, which is fairly in the middle of the state but just a little to the East.

I have one or two, but even if we meet half way with gas prices you'd be better off buy one with what you'd spend in gas.

I understand, we don't exactly have the best vehicle for getting good gas mileage either lol. Thank you for the thought though!

Back