Do you have theme names for your rats?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Synchro246

Inspired by my own desire to name all my rats after old folk songs and a thread wanting name suggestions and offering bonus points for famous literary characters....
I'm curious about others...

I've had
(Waltzing) Matilda
(Ol sister) Phoebe
(Someone's in the kitchen with) Dinah

New additions' possibilities:
(Oh my darling) Clementine
(Oh) Susannah
Polly (wolly doodle)
(Gentle) Annie
Marianne Malone (an agricultural Irish girl)
Laura Lee
Dolcy (Jones)

Does anyone else have themes in their naming ? Themes of any kind?

Not myself, but a friend of mine had two males named Shawn and Gus (from the tv show Psych.) And once I came across three guinea pigs named Billy, Joe, and MacGuffrey, which is from a song from the Veggie Tales kids movies (Billy Joe MacGuffrey was a very clumsy kid song.) Always thought those ones were very funny :)

All my theme names are from movies for some reason.
I’ve had Remy and Emile (Ratatouille), Gomez and Pugsley (The Addams Family), and I currently have a pair named Sid and Manny from Ice Age because one of them is a cream colour like Sid and one is brown like Manny. I’ve also had a Gus like GusGus from Cinderella but I also just thought the name was super cute.

In general, I like old fashioned type names for females, so I’ve had females named Doris and Harriet and considered names like Matilda, Mavis, Mabel, and Hazel. I also considered continuing the Addams family names with two girls named Morticia and Wednesday but then decided that the vet thought I was weird enough.

My rats always come in pairs so their names are usually duo names. My first pair came from a breeder who names all her breeder rats after sweets. So one one was fluffer and the other was nutter, like a fluffer nutter sandwich. Of course fluffer was an off-white creamy marshmallow color and nutter was an almost butterscotch color, not quite peanut butter but close. My current rats are Luna and Licorice. Licorice is a black Rex, so her coarse wavy fur adds to the illusion of twisted licorice strands. Luna is a Siamese and her fur is so fine and white it's almost a shiny blueish tinge that looks just like moonlight, But the older she gets her fur has started darkening so now she is more eggshell white.

Im basic, I do harry potter theme names. I try to stick with the non main character names though. I wanted to do dobby but my mom said no because their girls.

My ratties were named after vampire characters from different tv shows: Angelicus (tv show Angel), Benny (Supernatural), and Nicolas Tesla (name of a real person, of course, but the historical person was portrayed as a vampire in the show Sanctuary).

I named my first two rats Sonny & Cher as I love oldies music. But when I got my third girl I couldn’t think of a name right off so I started calling her Sweet Pea and before I knew it she was coming to it. The name really suits her as she is the sweetest thing.
By the way Rodents Rock I love your theme of naming your rats after vampires. I’m a big vampire fan myself.

Originally I was going to get three girls and name them Pippa, Catherine, and Charlotte after the Middleton family but the place I got them from didn’t have three girls.... I ended up choosing two boys. I’m a Chicago Cubs fan so I named them Wrigley after Wrigley Field and Rizzo after the Cubs’ first baseman.
My brother and I are also huge Harry Potter fans so he wanted to know why I didn’t name one Scabbers.... I said because Scabbers was a traitor

Back