Do you believe in ghosts?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fujin

I know i do, I have a haunted house, things go bump in the night here, tell me your experiences with ghosts, if you have had any, and i'll tell you mine, i warn you, i have enough to fill a book.

Ive had experiances with paranormal activity since I was extremely young... I have many stories to but dont want to sound like a weirdo!! Most recently though, there is a young boy who follows me, as I made the oopsie of inviting him to stay when I moved from my frist apartment (which used to be a hospital). I hear my son playing and talking to "someone" all the time, I see his toys move on their own and Ive heard the childs prayer being said to my son many times over the baby monitor. Its kinda neat, Im not scared of it. Nice to have someone to talk to when no humans are around!! haha Even my fiance was never a believer, until he started seeing these things happen around me. Now he calls "him" my first son.

Ok, Im going to hide now lol

I live in an allegedly haunted house...sometimes I tell myself that it is an old house and it makes noises..but..

I can also be sort of sensitive about it...a few times people have tried to get paranormal investigators in here, but I get along with whatever also lives here, and I don't want to upset it...just in case.

I have never seen it, just heard it....other people have SEEN it...it is a little boy....I thought it was just a hallucination, but then a friend of mine did some research and discovered that part of my yard used to be a graveyard where the bodies were exhumed and moved in the 50's...I think someone was left behind....

Catherine

I been having experiences since i was very young to, at night i would see figures walking through the hallways. (it was alot scarier then) i would always get scared when i was in the masterbedroom alone at night, i would want to run out, at night, i wanted nothing to do with it, one night i tried to face my fears, when i did, i saw a blood splatter apear on the wall, and ran out of there so fast, that was quite scary, i saw blood on the masterbedroom's bathroom door before, the experiences calmed down for a while, it was just the feeling of being watched for abit, then it came back, i would see weird dark shapes moving (i still see them to this day) when I was older, they started to happen again, i think it started when i was in the kitchen, i was going to get a drink, i was still quite young, and i heard a loud bang from the oven (it wasn't on) and ran like hell, then after that some weird noises, one night, i was in my old room (i got a bigger and better one now) and i was just waiting for my mom, and i saw this bloody women walk by, that was abit scary, after that, one night, i felt something watching me, it felt liek something was watching me, almost with the feeling it wanted to hurt me, i looked to the door, and it looked like the light in the living room was dim, everything just looked darker, my cat was just staring at it with her ears up, the feeling gradually whent, after that, everything looked brighter again, i always seem to see things when i least expect them to, one time, i walked out of my old room's door and almost saw a vision, it looked like a prison like place, it only lasted for a second when i got older, things started to really pick up, my mom started hearing thumps and bangs when she tried to sleep in he master bedroom at night, my brother told me at night, he would hear things moving outside of his door with no explanation, my other brother had one scary experience, while he was asleep, he felt his bed move, he woke up, and it was moved away from the wall (his room is the rats room now) and he saw 2 huge handprint marks on his wall, now unto the more recent events, in the rat room, sometimes there water bottles wil lbe knocked down, things have moved on there own in there, we had to twist tie one of the cage doors shut, because it kept opening at night, and they couldn't open it, possibly, my mom has seen strange things downstairs, weird dark shapes like i have, the storage room door downstairs has been found open more then once, my dads office room door has also done the same thing down there, on more then one occasion, the laundry deturgent (when it was full) has been throwen off of the dryer, unto the floor, and there is no logical explanation, we did a white noise recording, and captured this: gunshot sounds, and then a kid saying MOMMY?! Then, mommy? In a sad voice.

Here are the rest of the events, one time while talking with my mom in here, my room, we heard a huge loud bang come from downstairs, it shook the house, and there was no explanation at all for it, this happend another time while i was alone in here, but it whent abit diffrent then the one from downstairs, it came from the garage, 3 loud house shaking bangs, once again, no explanation, my mom has found the tv in the masterbedroom has shut off on it's own, it did it once while i was in there, the one in the cats room, where her food and stuff is, has also shut off on it's own. me and my mom have left objects in certain places, and came back to find them somewhere else, one time i left an empty plate on my desk, turn away, turn back, it's on my bed, this is the most memorable event i have had in the house, i whent unto my moms rocking chair, in the master bedroom, i was just messing around, i put my legs up on it, and it started to rock on it's own, like something was pushing it from behind, it didn't hurt me, this lasted untill i got off of the chair, this actually happend to me, it's hard to believe, but it's true, after that, the next day, while going to the bathroom, i heard footsteps from the attic, no one has been up there since we moved in, and no it wasn't squirrels, squirrels don't wear shoes, one other time, i was in the master bedroom, and i was on my moms bed, and i got that creepy feeling that i got when i was a little kid, i looked at the bathroom, and i saw this weird figure there, it looked distorted, and scared the **** out of me, i had to leave the room, at night, i will see weird dark things go by, i will see them float by my door, hear weird thumps and bangs, and scratching noises, one time i was in here, i heard a strange noise, and when i looked, i saw this odd thing floating by, i can't describe it, another time, i was in here late at night, just relaxing, i got up from my chair, first, i saw one of my posters get tugged on by something, thought it was strange, i got closer to my bed, i heard a child go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH like that, and i saw a weird white thing, then, one of my old halloween masks moved on it's own, my mom asked if there was anything in this house, if they could move my dads fishing pole, she goes to her room later, and finds it knocked down, she asked them to turn off the tv (i'll tell you if it happens or not) for now, this is the end of my post, and that was alot of typing.

wow.. thats crazy intense guys....
for a bit when i as around 19, i started to allow myself to become more sensitive to the paranormal... trying to learn to read auras ect.. but i think my roomates and i let a bad spirit in our apartment one night on the ouija board... we were freaked out to go thru the dining room which we had to do to get to the kitchen and bathroom... even one roomate rachel, her 2 year old daughter came over to visit and she would NOT go thru the dining room ... and one day i was watching tv and i just had this strong strong feeling something bad was over by the wall near my room just outside the living room looking at me... i freaked out.. called my guardian spirit to get rid of it... i dunno.. i started to feel better...
after that i just put a brick wall up and didnt want to be sensitive to it anymore. so ever since things have been good. for me, ignorance is bliss.. im happy to know they are out there.. i just dont want to hear or see it .... we can live in balance that way..

I posted this on GM, so here ya go:

My experiences with ghosts and sprirts:

1) My brother lives in Savannah and has 3 ghosts in their house. One is an adult male who will walk from the hallway and into the kitchen. I was sleeping in the livingroom one weekend while there. My niece and nephew came home from work and went to bed, but I kept 'feeling' Brandon go into the kitchen for a drink. I even heard the water in the sink turn on! I really wasn't sleeping deeply, so I was aware of people in the room. I turned towards the hallway and saw someone walking into the diningroom then the water in the kitchen would come on. When I asked Brandon the next day about how much water he drank and how he must have been very thirsty when he got home from work, he gave me a strange look and said he went right to bed and right to sleep.

2) Also at my brother's house is a little boy who is in my sister-in-laws closet. He will just stand there, but if you lie on the bed he will come out and tickle your legs.

3) Again, my brother's house, there is a little girl who walks up the driveway to the front door but never enters. To me this is the saddest one, as it is the time for school kids to be getting home from school, so I guess one day she never made it home.

4) After my dad passed away my mom asked me if I would sleep with her in their bed, as it was the first time she had ever been alone, ever! At least, in 45 years. So I told her I would. My dad was very ill before passing on and would have to use a nebulizer every 4 to 6 hours for breathing treatments. 2 nights in a row, the touch-lamp on the night stand on my dad's side of the bed came on. At 2 am, which was the time my dad would take him medications in the nebulizer. The first night I just reached to touch the lamp to turn it off. The second night the lamp kept coming back on after a minute, so I said in a whisper "ok, dad. I know it is time for your breathing treatment. I'll leave the light on for a little while but then I'll shut it off so I can go back to sleep. I'll see you tomorrow." I waited a minute then turned the lamp off. Dad's funeral was the next day, and that lamp never came on again. Mom changed the bulb but it wouldn't work. When I told her about the lamp coming on those 2 nights she asked me why I didn't wake her up! I told her there was really nothing to SEE except for the light from the lamp.

Yes, I do believe in ghosts. I've seen them and experienced them. Neal doesn't NOT believe, he's just never experienced them. He says he will REALLY believe in them when he has an experience.

The dead love me..it gets a bit disconcerting at times and terrifying at others. I have been sensitive to things since I was child. My older cousins used to play with oujia boards and every single time my name would show up and I would get blamed for some disaster :shock: It wouldnt matter if I was there or not, it always turned out to be about me.

My paternal family are witches from way back, well when they were alive. I have spent time researching and come to find out they were a rather evil lot, all of them. Whengreat grnadmother died every clock in her house stopped at the same time. Her grave is betetr than 40 years old, it still looks fresh. Take that for what you will *shivers*This is where I add that I was raised by my mother and we were Methodist!

I think my family has left me a bit cursed and maybe blessed in some fashion. I am not really afraid of ghosts, I have quite a bit of empathy for them and hope only that they can find their way. My mothers house, the upstairs has been the place of some scary stuff over the years. When we were teens, my now brother in law was going up there at night and he swears a woman walked from one room to another and as she was passing through the hall stopped and told him to stay away. Thats been 20 years ago and he has not set a foot up there since.

My twin and I shared a room upstairs while growing up and there were many times I would wake up and it felt as though I was being held down, couldnt breathe.

My brother tends to have visions of people dying, often just before they do. Our father had this same "gift".

Not really ghosty, but creepy !

I didn't read everybody's messages yet (a bit long to read) but I will. I believe in ghosts. Never had an experience with them but I have been having signs at times, mayby from garden angel, don't know. Can't wait to read everyone's stories about ghosts.

Maple said:
I don't believe what I don't see.
most people believe the same way. My hubby is a skeptic, but when you 'trick' people for a living, how can you not be, right?
I've HAD expiriences in the past, Cole has, and other family members too. I believe you either have the ability to 'see' things most others do not, or you do not...
Either way, it's intresting IMO!

When you moving to my neck of the woods, we'll fix you up with a NICE old farmhouse hun, you'll see things then!
:wink2:

I have more paranormal incidents to go, I might post more if you guys/girls continue to post here, just to tell you, i'm not scared of them, and i would never want to move from this house, I love this house.

I love these stories! I've had a few experiences myself, none quite so terrifying, though my sister has. I'll type them up when I have time lol but keep the stories coming, I love reading them!

bump, i love reading these stories ... only one i have is a bit cheesy i would guess

When i moved to BC ( I was 12) we had our house built, and when we moved in, our dog started going a bit crazy.. she would stop in her tracks, stare at something... and shake... that would last about 30 seconds, and then she would stop. She also started peeing all over the house, and started chewing door frames and what not (she never did this before) When we moved out of the house, all those behaviors stopped, the shaking, peeing, and chewing... was a bit strange!

I had a reoccurring nightmare in that house, 2 actually... they would kind of rotate through, once we left, i didnt have them again.

Back