Do we have any tricksters? *with videos!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cigar

I was watching oPuPo on Youtube and couldn't get enough of her rats. They inspired me to teach my own rats something fun and stimulating. Puzzle spins on verbal command for a treat. :D Osiris is less keen about it and Rem is always confused and clumsy. :roll: Poppy could care less about learning.

Have you taught yours to open doors, jump through hoops or walk on their hind legs?

The only thing I was able to teach one of my guys which he basically learned on his own really... is for veggie time, Rocher will fling himself in the air and land on my chest. Now he does it when I call him and if I have veggies. :D

That's be so fun to see a video of your little one doing the spin. :D

Jo, that's super cute. I had no idea rats could fly. :giggle:

Here's the first video I took when we started. You can see the shadow of my arm motioning him in a circle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1yGuEdbglc

Here's the video I just took before rushing out the door for work. No more hand signals are needed!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osksJFsNZCo

I plan to teach him more, he's very willing to please. He thinks that random spinning will earn him noms heheh.

jorats said:
The only thing I was able to teach one of my guys which he basically learned on his own really... is for veggie time, Rocher will fling himself in the air and land on my chest. Now he does it when I call him and if I have veggies. :D

That's be so fun to see a video of your little one doing the spin. :D

LOL JO YOU NEED TO GET A VIDEO OF THAT :laugh4:

On another note Cigar that's totally awesome! Also you have an adorable voice haha

Thanks Jo, RatCharmer & Leala! I think I sound 12 instead of 20 but hey, as long as it's cute. :wink2:

I was amazed when he picked up on it so fast.. In less than a month the wee lad learned to follow a verbal command! Ratties are so incredible. :bow: I've been training dogs since I can remember (my parents have 5, recently down to 4 :sad3:, that I obedience/trick trained) so teaching my ratkids isn't much of a stretch..

If anyone has trick suggestions I'm open to hearing them! :joy:

That is so cute. I would teach mine something but I think they're at the lower end of the 1 to 10 scale! :giggle:

Maple said:
That is so cute. I would teach mine something but I think they're at the lower end of the 1 to 10 scale! :giggle:

I know what you mean.. as amazing as Remmington is he can't spin in a circle without falling on his tush. :giggle:

I love the videos :joy: The only trick I taught Ralphie and Rosie to do is "sit pretty" or "beg" Now Rosie does it all the time when she wants something including to be let out or picked up :laugh4:

Jo that's so adorable! Give him a line and he can start constructing rat bridges from one FN to the next..

Slapdash, I'd love to see your ratties' tricks! I usually use Gerber Puffs.

So cute, I love it! I haven't had time to teach any new tricks lately.. maybe during the summer we should all get together and try to teach 1 trick a month and each take a video?

Back