Do Rat Bites (Human) Go Numb? *Now With Pics

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep an eye on it though... if it doesn't go down soon enough, you'll need to see a doctor. Nic had a bite but it got infected and she needed heavy duty meds.

It feels better, and I'm able to use it. The swelling has gone down a lot, still a little swollen and stiff, but I can flex it and type with it if I don't move it back for a "." or something in that area of the keyboard, ha. Still can't feel it... Mehg.

I'll keep a look out though and if it even starts to look infected, I'm outtie to the doctor.

I forgot to even mention Norrin. The vet says he appears healthy, just a grouch. So we got him scheduled for Monday for his neuter. :)

Wow! That rat must have given you one major bite... yikes. Sending good vibes your way for a speedy recovery! :hugs:

Cait I am so sorry that Norrin is being such a poop! I feel just awful about that naughty boy. I hope your finger heals quickly! I have had chomps like those before and they do hurt for an eternity it seems. I have one finger that on really cold days still gives me trouble and that bite was over a year ago.

You have already gotten in all under control it seems but I was just going to agree that I would put Rubin in with your other boys and give Norrin some cooling off time. Get him snipped and let him heal after the neuter on his own. I would give him 3 weeks or so and then start to see if you can intro him into your boys colony. I bet after the neuter you will get him living with them in no time and he will turn into a nice smooshy boy. He may not ever be a cuddler but it should really help his attitude.

I have a great article on my web site written by an adopter regarding a very agro male she adopted from me who actually kinda made me and her a tiny bit scared and that is saying a lot since we are both rattie veterans who really aren't scared of agro rats LOL.... She had him neutered and she tells about how the nueter effected him and the benefits of it. It really is inspiring...

http://www.capitalcityratrescue.com/EddiesPage.html

Staci

Ah, no problem Staci. He gets on really well with my dad, but he just doesn't seem to take to me too well.

Rubin is settled in with the other boys and they just adore him, grooming him and sleeping with him. I even notice they are a little more polite about food around him, which I find funny, because they are all pigs. :p

I really hope the neuter helps, and I have high hopes it will. Like you said, I doubt he'll ever become a cuddler, but I'm at least hoping he will get along with all the others and they can live happily together... Or at least stand each other's company enough they can free range together during the day.

Thanks for that article!! I'm sure it will help with the nerves and give me some assurance. :)

Back