Do neutered boy still mount intact girls?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruxxy

This past week I introed Sebastian, my newly rescued boy, with the girls I adopted from GoodKarma. I did the intro 2 weeks and 3 days from the neuter surgery, and although I've heard to wait 3 weeks, I was told that 2 weeks and 3 days was alright too.

Anyways, up until last night everthing was fine. For the first few days it was mostly butt sniffing, but they more or less just ignored eachother.

Then last night I was going up to my room and I walked in to find Sebastian mounting Nala. I wasn't sure if it was just a dominance thing or not since they stopped as soon as I walked in on them, so I watched them to see if they would do it again. Sure enough, a few minutes later they were back at it and Nala was obviously in heat too.

In 3 days it will have been 3 weeks since the neuter...should I be worried about the possibly of Nala being pregnant or is this just normal behaviour?

Some neutered boys have no interest and the poor intact girls try to entice them in vain, and others will chase and mount intact females for a while. I wouldn't worry too much about Nala.

jorats said:
I've even seen spayed girls present themselves to intact boys and actually allow them to do the deed. :shock:

Jo, so you remember me madly emailing you about spayed Rennie going into "heat"? LOLOLOL.

She's finally stopped doing that. :roll:

Lol, rats are just silly at times :lol:

All I can think of is Shelagh saying my spayed girls would probably gain weight... yeah... their rolly polly now :giggle: Georgie Porgie has earned her name!

oh, that would be a little unnerving, having a boy mount a supposed to be spayed female then having her gain weight :shock: that would cause a few grey hairs :D

Back