Do my new babies have megacolon :(!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordynrats22

My new babies are looking a bit round and i have felt a few hard poop while cleaning their cage. Im so scared but i can’t entirely tell if they have megacolon or look normal. I believe the rats are around 5-6 weeks old.

It would be incredibly helpful to see pictures/videos of the rats and their poop when you can, back and stomach has to be included to the best of your abilities

My new babies are looking a bit round and i have felt a few hard poop while cleaning their cage. Im so scared but i can’t entirely tell if they have megacolon or look normal. I believe the rats are around 5-6 weeks old.
Any updates?

It would be incredibly helpful to see pictures/videos of the rats and their poop when you can, back and stomach has to be included to the best of your abilities
Hi! So she actually had a still born baby! The stupid breader didnt seperate her and because shes so tiny she couldnt fully carry the two babies. She ate one and the second one was deformed. She did poop two light brown poops tho and now there black/brown.

Hi! So she actually had a still born baby! The stupid breader didnt seperate her and because shes so tiny she couldnt fully carry the two babies. She ate one and the second one was deformed. She did poop two light brown poops tho and now there black/brown.
I'm glad everything was sorted, I would feel around in her lower stomach to make sure there aren't any more stuck though, a stuck baby is a death sentence.

So i felt her tummy and its soft and she looks a lot thinner. Shes being super gentle tho, like very easy to pet besides before she was very reserved and would nip when you tried to pet her, still a bit reserved tho like not as active as my other ones. Is that normal?

So i felt her tummy and its soft and she looks a lot thinner. Shes being super gentle tho, like very easy to pet besides before she was very reserved and would nip when you tried to pet her, still a bit reserved tho like not as active as my other ones. Is that normal?
The her before could have been because of the pregnancy, like anything it can make them hormonal and "aggressive"/defensive. Her being reserved could be from exhaustion or depression(from losing babies) I would try to spoil her with healthy treats and just watch her

Back