Do his teeth look ok?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slapdash

I tried my best to get a picture of Ruperts teeth because they are beginning to worry me, the little stink doesn't let me look at them for more than two seconds but they seem to be growing into eachother like an upside down "v" The picture doesn't show it well but they are definitley not uniform or symmetrical. I don't think its a major problem do you think there's any reason to worry from the picture? What should I look out for? Thanks!
(sorry about the poor quality, it wasn't easy taking this lol)
ratties061.jpg

I know rats bottom teeth are flexible, so they split apart into a V like you say and then they go back. But if you see the upper or lower teeth getting too long, definately take him to the vet. Mis-aligned teeth can be a problem as there bottom teeth will grow up into their head. If this is the case a regular teeth trimming will be required.

In the pic you posted his teeth look fine, but perhaps you didn't capture what you were trying to. His gums look a little red, but that could also just be the picture....

Well the strange thing is they are an UPSIDEDOWN "v" they split apart at the bottom and seem to be somewhat uneven.His gums are pretty red, not quite as bad as in the pic but what does that indicate? I'll try for a better picture tomorrow, thanks!

I forgot to add, you can see it in the picture a little bit but his left one is puching torwards and just slightly overlapping his right, not sure if that's ok or not?

Rats teeth do move a bit, most often I have found they will be in a regular V shape. Those don't look right, definitely take him to the vet to have him looked at, determine if he needs a tooth trim or if something wrong is going on.

Back