Discontinued items you would like to see back :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nattykins

I was just reading an article about this on sympatico and I thought it would be fun to try here.

Let's reminisce - What are some discontinued items you would love to see back and what would you do to get your hands on one??

For me, definitely McDonalds Pizza...The last time I had some I was very sick and when I finally got the guts to try it again, they were gone! Now I long for the time that I should have been eating McDs pizza!

nattykins said:
I was just reading an article about this on sympatico and I thought it would be fun to try here.

Let's reminisce - What are some discontinued items you would love to see back and what would you do to get your hands on one??

For me, definitely McDonalds Pizza...The last time I had some I was very sick and when I finally got the guts to try it again, they were gone! Now I long for the time that I should have been eating McDs pizza!

Those pizzas were awesome. If I had to choose something I would definitely have to say Cap'n Crunch, Crunch Berries cereal! That was AMAZING!

I loved the Raisin Bran with cranberries. ...gone
The mocha coffee from Costco. They had it for a long time and now it's gone.
And my onion soup with croutons by Lipton. It's gone!! I'm devastated.

China Lily sweet and sour sauce! We no longer have Chinese Food night at my house. :(

And Club Minty's. Mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm. Haven't had them in 20 years.

And Frosted Cheerios.

I have to stop thinking about this because my list could get very long.....

I wish they still continued to make the original 'puppy in my pocket' figures. They were cute, and actually looked like dogs. The new ones they came out with are ugly and don't even look like the breeds they are supposed to resemble. I used to collect them as a child, but am missing some I would like... Will have to EBay in the future.

Oh oh oh! Crunchy M&M's, that pizza from domino's with the creamy sauce between two thin crust pizzas (forget the name :O), and Cap'n Crunch with BERRY PIECES!!

"I wish they still continued to make the original 'puppy in my pocket' figures. They were cute, and actually looked like dogs."

I used to collect those too. :) I could never get the "last two" though :(

I miss the Mc Donalds big extra :( it was the only burger I ate there and now they got rid of it for the angus burger :cry4:

I also miss pizza huts double decker pizza mmmmm

I still miss Wendy's Teryaki Chicken burger. Now it seems like Clorets gum has disappeared. And you can no longer buy Rice A Roni in the Spanish flavour in Canada, at least not the provinces that I have shopped in.

PUPPY IN MY POCKET! Yes!!

And, you know, I don't see Grand Champion horses any more. I have a whole mess of them, and I went to see if I could find some for my niece, and nothing! Weird.

Or the tiny Polly Pockets. And Pound Puppies... the little tiny plastic ones, and there was a little "dog catcher" van and the back opened and you could put the dog in it and drive it around... That was so cool.

Sand animals! I have a lizard that I love, and can't find any. I took that thing to school all the time and pretended it was a real lizard like some little kid weirdo. :p But no more!

All I can think of are toys. :p

Vixxie said:
I miss the Mc Donalds big extra :( it was the only burger I ate there and now they got rid of it for the angus burger :cry4:

I also miss pizza huts double decker pizza mmmmm

They got rid of the big Extra? :gaah: That's the best burger they had, I don't eat a McD's very often and when I do it's usually the cheap cheeseburgers, on special occasions I got the big extra :cry3:

i remember from when i was little, pudding. i think it may have been laura secord but i'd have to ask my parents again. i just remember yellow packaging. and i'm sure there are othe foods i'm not thinking of right now

I wish they still continued to make the original 'puppy in my pocket' figures
i had a few of these too.

i can't remember what they were called or how popular they were but i had a few mother dogs with their puppies. all in different positions. i also had a few cat families too. they came in plastic baskets and weren't that big. they made really good barbie pets, lol.

Yes! Those! And they had tigers and pandas... And I want to say... Swans! I had a mama swan and her goslings, I remember that. And the golden retriever, dalmation, and poodle dogs.

The tigers though, were my favorite. And yes... They made excellent Barbie pets. :p

-sooo miss the mcdonalds pizzas too.. omg.. they were sooo good. and the big arch deluxe. i only got to try it once when i was 12 or so.. and ive wanted to try it again ever since.
-also miss crystal pepsi. it was this clear pepsi and i really loved it.
-i really loved mr t cereal... made me feel strong after eating it :p .. what did i know. i was a kid :p
-orbit juice. it was this juice with these floaty balls of .. i dont know what. but it was soooo fun to drink. lol

jorats said:
Pop Shoppe pop!! I loved the going in, picking out your pop, watching the bottles move along the belt. It was fun!

They still have pop shoppe pop :D I can buy it almost everywhere here in North Bay. I checked their site http://www.thepopshoppe.com/flash_site/main.html and put in Sudbury's city hall postal code to find the nearest retailers and here's a list:
CHURCHILL CONVENIENCE
575 Churchill Ave.
Sudbury, On
P3A 3Z6

COSTCO
1465 Kingsway
Sudbury, Ontario
P3A 6B3

GLORIAS CONVENIENCE AND VIDEO
469 Bouchard St
Sudbury, On
P3A 1A1

STAR MART
768 Barrydowne rd.
Sudbury,ON
P3A 3T7

STARMART CONFECTIONARY
768 Barrydowne Rd
Sudbury, Ontario
P3A 3T7

THE BIRTHDAY STORE
1390 Kingsway Road
Sudbury On
P3A 4R7

"And, you know, I don't see Grand Champion horses any more. I have a whole mess of them, and I went to see if I could find some for my niece, and nothing! Weird."

Zellers and Wal-Mart sometimes have a few.. very few and you have to look around for them. Specialty hobby/toy/collectables stores often carry them. And of course eBay :p But they are still around. :) My sister collects them.

Back