Deep bite help!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww poor thing. But at least now she is on her way to healing this will help speed it up as well :)

I think Penny has snapped. Tonight she is attacking rats she already knows. She has not done serious damage but now Bernadette is pissed at her for her behaviour and is chasing her around the room thumping on everything. I only have Bernadette and Leonard out because I know they can handle themselves. Bernadette just pushed her off of the cage she was trying to climb. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

On a lighter note, Raj has been bouncing off the walls being a baby and annoying all the other rats during out time. I think the stitches were a good call. Since they are more stable she doesn't have to wear an immobilizing device and she is happy to not have that restriction. Taking away the tramadol tonight. One step closer!

How old is Penny? Do you think there is something organic going on? A tumour or dementia? Maybe she is having pain from something and thinks it's the other rat who's causing it, so she's pissed at them.

How old is Penny? Do you think there is something organic going on? A tumour or dementia? Maybe she is having pain from something and thinks it's the other rat who's causing it, so she's pissed at them.

I was thinking the same thing, perhaps she has something going on inside her head. That seems like extreme behavior to have just flipped on like a lightswitch.

When I was at the vet with Raj yesterday we talked about bringing her in soon if she doesn't straighten out. I will be making an appointment next week if I don't see improvement by the end of the weekend.

It really worries me that rats she already knows are rejecting her somewhat. They seem to pick up on the fact that something is off, don't they?

I'm so glad to see Raj is doing so well. You've been through a lot!
That's so sad about Penny. She's so beautiful. I wonder if something is going on with her.
You're doing such a great job of staying on top of it all. It's so difficult when rats don't get along---especially when they used to get along just fine!

Not sure why it is sideways...anywhoo.
I took the sutures out today as it has been 6 days. The wound has looked fairly sealed for a couple of days now. She peeped a bit when I removed them but on the whole it went well. I have myself a new rat!

uploadfromtaptalk1407986665264.jpg

Also, the red stripe is a self inflicted scratch from being itchy! She was thinking it was about time those darn things came out.

Great news. I'm not 100% satisfied with the Penny situation but I FINALLY got her brother in to live with her. I still have high hopes for getting everyone in the same cage someday but I will wait until Raj is fully grown and mature. It's been over a month since Penny had a roommate and I'm so happy she is not alone now!!!

Back