Dakota's Babies! *New Update Page 11* PICS!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh... Caramel is still with you... (silence)

Regarding Hunter and Tanner - those boys LOVE to playfight! I just cannot wait for the weekend to come so I can FINALLY introduce them to my boys! Pollux they already met, so this leaves Chester - who is still so energetic and playful I am wondering whether I should give the babies one more week to get ready! :giggle:

Hunter seems to be the most affectionate one right now. I get constant kisses from him, especially if allergies make my bad eye cry. :wink2: Tanner is more into exploring, and he apparently is not done exploring my shirts, so I get to spend some time close to him as well :cheeky:

Those babies are a joy to have... even the BF is totally sold on them. They have completely won us over! :cloud9:

jennifervb said:
Unepuce said:
jennifervb said:
Unepuce said:
Why does Caramel have to be the one my heart sings the hardest for? It's a boy I need... :cry4:

Why do you need a boy sweetie??? Can't you just get Caramel spayed?

Na - My issue is, I had 6 and plan to go down to 4. But my Pollux is aging very fast and Chester needs a boy with him - hence that's why I need a boy. But now that my babies are here, I do not regret them one bit. Hunter and Tanner are just too adorable to be real! :cloud9:

oh.... ok.... so you're saying that Chester told you that he needs a boy....? :laugh4: :bunnydance: :laugh4: :bunnydance:

Dah! Not a boy that way, Jennifer!!! :giggle: Chester simply need a boy (space) friend to snuggle with, apparently, because he spends most of his quiet times with Pollux.

Oops, forgot to say who was still here! Lol
Tiny, Oreo and Blaze left for the boys. And Caramel, Paige, and Reese for the girls.

Midnight & Rory just left for their new home! :)
It was so hard telling Rory & Paige apart though. I'm still a little uneasy about it but I'm pretty sure it was Rory. Trust me, when you see pics you'll understand.

Nancy, so glad to hear there's no regrets, especially from the bf! lol

Also, i cheated on the age for intros a bit. :oops: I've let Charlie and Brooklyn near the babies since week 1, under supervision in my lap for the first few weeks. They only ever sniffed them & ran off. Then once they were about a month & a half old I let them live together. I hadn't planned to yet but one day during out time Charlie & Brooklyn went inside the babies cage & didn't want to leave. Just curled up with them and Dakota. So now that we're home, they're in the big cage happy as can be together. :-D

Midnight and Rory went to two of my friends! I'm going to see them in a few hours, I'll let you know how they're doing! :D

Update: Just got back from seeing them! They're so adorable. So clean, soft, and shiny! Rory is a bit more shy than Midnight, did not like to be held too too much. But Midnight let me play with her for awhile. They're such beautiful ratties. :)

:) Happy to hear the girls were doing well when you saw them! Sure hope they still are!

I left my netbook charger at my mom's in SJ so I just got it back today. Finally able to show off new pics of the babies!! :D
They're 9 weeks old now. How time flies! The girls are practically identical now.

The Girls:

Caramel:
Caramel2-2.jpg

Caramel1-2.jpg

Caramel3-2.jpg

Paige:
Paige1-2.jpg

Paige2-2.jpg

Paige3-1.jpg

Reese:
Reese1-2.jpg

Reese2-2.jpg

Reese3-1.jpg

Anndd... The Boys:

Oreo:
Oreo2-2.jpg

Oreo3-1.jpg

Oreo1-2.jpg

Blaze:
Blaze3-1.jpg

Blaze1-2.jpg

Blaze2-2.jpg

Tiny:
Tiny3.jpg

Tiny2-2.jpg

Tiny1-2.jpg

Blaze & Oreo are still looking for their new family! So are 2 of the girls! :)
Message me if you, or someone you know, are interested in adopting a pair of these cute babies.

Babies are now 12 weeks old!! :heart:
Caramel, Reese, Paige, Oreo, Blaze & Tiny are still here with us. They are getting sooo big!
The 3 girls are living with Dakota, Brooklyn & Charlie; And the 3 boys just recently moved in with Bert & Ernie.

Tonight I am just going to post new pictures of the boys. : )
(a book & sunglasses are in some photos for size comparison. lol)

Blaze:
September112011007.jpg

September112011003.jpg

Blaze discovered how tastey the bookmark is :lol:
September112011031.jpg

Oreo:
September112011016.jpg

September112011017.jpg

And then Oreo tasted the bookmark as well. lol
September112011039.jpg

Tiny:
September112011015.jpg

September112011011.jpg

September112011023.jpg

Girls' photos should be posted tomorrow night or Tuesday. : )

Man I love them! Can't wait to meet them though I'm worried if I do I'm gonna want to bring some home even more than I do now :p

xio said:
Man I love them! Can't wait to meet them though I'm worried if I do I'm gonna want to bring some home even more than I do now :p

Having two of their brothers at home I can tell you - you WILL want to grab them and run! Those kids are kissable, loveable, eatable, you never can get enough of them - or them you! If you have room, I'd say grab a pair!!! (or more? :cheeky: ) You won't regret it!

So where are their sisters' pictures? I would like to see what my sweet Caramel looks like now... :whip:

Unepuce said:
xio said:

Having two of their brothers at home I can tell you - you WILL want to grab them and run! Those kids are kissable, loveable, eatable, you never can get enough of them - or them you! If you have room, I'd say grab a pair!!! (or more? :cheeky: ) You won't regret it!

So where are their sisters' pictures? I would like to see what my sweet Caramel looks like now... :whip:

I have tons of room (double cn with only two males) but it's the roommates that are the issue :( They don't want any more pets. Which is irritating beyond belief!

xio said:
Unepuce said:
xio said:

I have tons of room (double cn with only two males) but it's the roommates that are the issue :( They don't want any more pets. Which is irritating beyond belief!

What's more rats if they stay in a cage most of the day? Other than playtime...
As long as they don't use a whole new cage, I don't see where's the problem.. :?

mia9_28 said:
xio said:
Unepuce said:
xio said:

What's more rats if they stay in a cage most of the day? Other than playtime...
As long as they don't use a whole new cage, I don't see where's the problem.. :?
:exactly: PREACH!!
lol They :crazzzy:

Nancy, my son & I have both been sick :sick: But I'll try to get pics of the girls up this weekend!

Hope you both are feeling better now!

Just have to say this - Hunter is currently standing on top of my glass of water, drinking and washing himself - that's how adorable they are!!! :heart:

Ok, back to topic - can't wait to see the pics! I'll try and post some of my boys this weekend as well! :D

Thanks Unepuce! We're feeling much better now, both of us are on antibiotics. *Joy*

One of the most unfortunate and sad things happened about a week ago. Which is the reason I have not posted pics of the girls yet....

My re-chargeable batters have passed... They won't even charge a little! :(
Lol, so did I scare anyone?? :giggle:

They cost around $12 I think for just 2 & it takes 4... So I can't get new ones just yet. Boo!
I have a camera phone but the girls just do not stay still long enough to get a decent shot with it. Lol

I'm hoping to have batteries & pics up by the end of next weekend! :D

Well, we forgot to take pictures, didn't we Xio? lol :oops:

I've come to give some good news though! Paige & Caramel went to their furever home today! :dance:
MelissaTayes adopted them earlier this evening & she has 2 other 4-month-old girls at home for them to play with, plus her older girl as well. :) They'll all meet soon enough!

I'm very happy, I think they've found a great home! Thanks again Melissa! I know you'll love them as much as I do. :heart:

For anyone following, this leaves 4 babies left with me: Reese, Blaze, Oreo, & Tiny. :)

Reese is with Charlie, Brooklyn & Dakota... she's not going anywheres. lol
I'd love to keep all the boys but I don't know if I can afford that many neuters. So, right now Blaze & Oreo are still up for adoption. I don't think I can part with Tiny though. :thumbup:

So you're the one who got my Caramel! Lucky girl.... I so wanted to adopt her, but I have to admit though - Hunter is just a heart stealer. I have to post pictures. Tanner and Hunter are so big now, but still act exactely like the day they got here! And they are so bonded, you can tell right away they're brothers! :heart:

Please post picture of my baby girl!!!!

Back