Critter/Rat Nation cage in final stages of production

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MumsyRat said:
I knew waiting would pay off!! Woo-Hoo, soon I'll be able to take my crappy old cages and throw them in the scrap metal pile!! :happydance:

I know you are just being funny but I hope that you would consider donating your cages to a rescue or shelter before just tossing them in the scrap metal pile! Trust me we are always looking for cages! LOL

Staci

Maybe, even if the cages are smaller...they may be less expensive but also have more room for expansion....you know?

just like how we have double and tripple FN's and somewhere someone has combined FN's for a double wide...

Maybe they're more modifiable....

Cityratt said:
Maybe, even if the cages are smaller...they may be less expensive but also have more room for expansion....you know?

just like how we have double and tripple FN's and somewhere someone has combined FN's for a double wide...

Maybe they're more modifiable....

I didn't even think about the possibility of it being modifiable. I really hope it is, that way size won't matter as much since you will be able to make it bigger anyways.

I hope they dont change anything other than bar spacing honestly. The appeal of the FN was ease of cleaning and how roomy it was. I can say for sure that if alot of changes are made, I wont bother. Cage color is the very least of my concerns.

This just in by SoA, she was bugging them a little more:

The Critter Nation will follow the Ferret Nation on all size specs. except smaller cross wire spacing.
Bryan Jennings
Product Development

SWEEEEEET!!!! Now I'm wondering if I should even buy the Martins cage...or If I should wait...

OldsGal said:
MumsyRat said:
I knew waiting would pay off!! Woo-Hoo, soon I'll be able to take my crappy old cages and throw them in the scrap metal pile!! :happydance:

I know you are just being funny but I hope that you would consider donating your cages to a rescue or shelter before just tossing them in the scrap metal pile! Trust me we are always looking for cages! LOL

Staci

That's kind of funny in itself since I am a rescue! :giggle: Believe me, no one would want the cages I have right now. They're an embarrassment and it's one of the reasons I don't post a lot of pictures. I love my rats and take good care of them but I worry about what people would think if they saw the state of some of my cages because for a lot of people esthetics is everything!

well mumsy, if it makes you feel any better, alot of the time I think rats could do without half the stuff people put in the cages. I mean there have been so many times I spent hours decorating the cage with stuff and my rats totally ignored it hahaha. In my eyes as long as rats have other rat buddies than thats way more important than toys or alot of the other things you can buy or make for ratties. :giggle:

SoA (aka Scubbs on Goosemoose) posted this over there at about 10:30 this morning. Didn't see it here, so thought I'd copy it....

Okay, I just bugged him a little more. For everyone worried about the size of the cage, no need!

The Critter Nation will follow the Ferret Nation on all size specs. except smaller cross wire spacing.
Bryan Jennings
Product Development

MumsyRat said:
OldsGal said:
MumsyRat said:

Staci

That's kind of funny in itself since I am a rescue! :giggle: Believe me, no one would want the cages I have right now. They're an embarrassment and it's one of the reasons I don't post a lot of pictures. I love my rats and take good care of them but I worry about what people would think if they saw the state of some of my cages because for a lot of people esthetics is everything!

Why do you think I said what I did? LOL. My cages were all CRAP until one day I was so fed up with it and not having the right cage for what I needed that I started to sell off all of my large bar spacing cages and any cage I didn't want to use anymore. I took that money and built back up my vet fund and have been slowly purchasing better cages to replenish what I lost. My problem has been trying to decide on what cage I want to standardize my rescue on. Nothing would please me more then to have a whole wall of RNs but I know that isn't realistic LOL

Oh and I have been stockpiling smaller travel cages lately. Not too long ago I had a lot of out of town transports and lost a lot of my travel cages. I was down to I think 2! Not good...LOL

Staci

Back