Cracked.com article on rats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read cracked, some of the stuff on there is pretty humerous. But this is just stupid.

Edited cause I found an answer to one of my questions in the article.

I usually like Cracked, but...
What a load!! I mean, yeah, some of the facts that they were using were totally true, but they were just stretched to the hyperbolic sense! There's already so many people who hate rats, there don't need to be articles like this on such popular websites; it just increases the bad rep we get as owners of our adorable little fluffballs!

That's ridiculous. It's dumb how they smooshed together cute sweet pet rats with all the "facts" about wild rats. But I'm especially afraid of the "you can't kill them" one, because I'm worried people might see that as a challenge.

hprats said:
That's ridiculous. It's dumb how they smooshed together cute sweet pet rats with all the "facts" about wild rats. But I'm especially afraid of the "you can't kill them" one, because I'm worried people might see that as a challenge.
:yeah:

I remember reading that, left a comment saying how I loved the use of two dumbo blue rats on it trying to be sarcastic.

I haven't read the article but cracked is a humour website. I'm sure a lot of it is said tongue in cheek and to be taken with a hefty dose of salt.

Tons of my friends posted this article to my facebook wall...and I'm just sitting here like "really? This is supposed to be amusing to me?" I love Cracked but this is dumb.

xio said:
I haven't read the article but cracked is a humour website. I'm sure a lot of it is said tongue in cheek and to be taken with a hefty dose of salt.

I know what you mean...but I used to read cracked, and the idea is to take facts and present them in a humorous way.

That article is not funny and is flat out untrue most of the time.

Back