Cover Letter Help! Vet Receptionist

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinderwolf

Hey all, long time no see! Being ratless has kind taken my focus away from the shack, but i still love y'all <3

Anyways, my SPCA manager just told me about a position opening up at the vet we work with for a receptionist, sooo I'm applying! I'm hopeful, because my manager knows these guys well and she's gonna mention me and be my reference, plus no vet experience needed, just animal handling which I've got a ton of. So aywys, yea if you guys coudl read over my cover letter and let me know what i coudl do to make it better that would be appreciated!

Dear ___________,

I am writing to express my interest in the position of receptionist within Companion Animal Hospital. I would be honoured to become a part of your team and use my knowledge and passion for animals to provide a pleasant experience for your valued clients.

My life long experience with animals makes me the perfect candidate for the job. I have extensive knowledge and experience handling cats and small animals, having personally owned many. I have also gained invaluable experience with the care and handling of dogs, cats, rabbits and small animals through my volunteer work in the BCSPCA Richmond Education and Adoption Centre.

Professionally I have over 3 years of customer service experience. In my work, I strive to provide customers with the most pleasant and helpful experience possible. I do whatever it takes to leave customers feeling happy and cared for. From past employment experiences, I have also gained knowledge of operating Interac machines and handling cash.

I am a quick learner who is willing to take on any task or challenge that presents itself to me. I thrive in a team environment, but I also work well individually. I am an efficient and detail-oriented worker that takes pride in completing tasks to the best of my ability. All of these qualities, along with my knowledge and experience, make me an ideal candidate for this position in your company.

Thank you for taking the time to consider me for this position. Attached is my detailed resume for your consideration. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Respectfully yours,

Emily Cameron

Hmmm, seems pretty good to me. Being picky, I would remove the word 'back' from 'I look forward to hearing back from you' unless they have already contacted you asking for your resume. You are just looking forward to hearing from them.
Good luck! Keep us posted. :)

I like that you didnt just mention customer service experience or just animal experience, but went through all the qualities that they'd probably be looking for. My hospital is just finishing up the hiring process for receptionists and if we got this cover letter, you'd get an interview no problem! Just make sure there's no spelling mistakes in your resume... someone submitted one with "Vie en La Rose" as a previous job lol.

I agree with Joanne on removing the "back". It looks great though! Wishin you the best of luck!

I always find it helpful to find a general job description for whatever I am applying for. It helps me be more specific in the skills I mention and it usually helps me discover a better way to word things. If possible I would also add a personal experience about how you agree with their values or how you relate to their goals.

Back