Cordi Stepped ON-Update

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercurydust

Yesterday while the girls were free ranging I realized I failed to put the christmas tree lights cord out of reach when I caught Lily chewing on it. I rushed over to the tree and took it away from her before the could gnaw through it and when I stepped back Cordelia was right under my foot. :sad3: I stepped down on something fuzzy that let out a loud squeak and luckily didn't step down all the way and I nearly fell into the tree. She ran away under the couch and then hid behind their cage and wouldn't come out. That had me worried. She would not come out when I shook the treat jar and I knew something was wrong because she is always there first when I shake that jar. I moved the cage back and it took a lot of bribing with yogies to get her to come out. She walked normal the rest of that day so I figured she was just really scared. But today she is a little slow for her and she is favoring her right foot. She walks and carries on like normal, just slower and occasionally raises that foot, though she will walk on it. She doesn't cry or try to get away when I hold her and touch it. I figure if it were broken she wouldn't want me to touch and would give a loud squeak. I am sure I am not the only one to accidently step on one of their ratties, but I feel so bad! :cry4: Their probably isn't much a vet can do for an injured ratty foot, is their? :cry3:

: Okay the drama queen is completely fine-she is as spunky as ever. She is running full throttle in her wheel right now. I think she was fakin....just to get extra treats and lovin' from mom. Can't blame her though, she is a smart cookie.

Oh boy... what a scare! Hopefully it's just bruised. She would be in much more pain if it was broken. Naw, there's nothing a vet can do... and ya, it happens to a lot of us, good thing you didn't put your full weight down on the little one.

I hope she is okay.......they heal very fast so hopefully she will be all better soon. When Tabitha was a baby I knelt of her and I thought I killed her.....I still (10 months later) kiss her and tell her mommy is sorry for trying to turn her into a pancake rat......

Sprains and especially breaks swell up fast, so it sounds like she's just bruised and sore. Don't worry that will pass very quickly. We all have done something like this, when a rat has zigged instead of zagged...and we humans are a very clumsy lot. :mrgreen:

Dahlas said:
I hope she is okay.......they heal very fast so hopefully she will be all better soon. When Tabitha was a baby I knelt of her and I thought I killed her.....I still (10 months later) kiss her and tell her mommy is sorry for trying to turn her into a pancake rat......

Pancake! :laugh4:

I have yet to step/sit on a rattie, but I am sooo paranoid I will! When I have them out I tend to drag my feet instead of walking normal...lol

Back