Converting the silent spinner to cage clipped.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaraY

I feel really ridiculous for asking this as I'm sure the solution is blatantly simple and I'm missing something obvious, but how do you change this wheel:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753360&lmdn=Pet+Type

from being 'free standing' to being clipped to the cage? :oops: By this I mean, how do I remove the need for the stand entirely.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks guys. :oops:

it has a thingie in the back like shown here in picture:

100_2200640x480.jpg

like normal wheels the clip that turns to hold on a cage also has two holes to go on the stand.

You pull the stand down and off. Then attach the wheel by unsrewing the yellow knob, positioning the wheel against the bars and replacing the knob to hold it on.

eep. Should it be bending the bars of my critter nation? Presently if I turn it to screw it on the bars of the cage become quite significantly bent (but spring back quickly when I detach the wheel.)

I've decided just to use the darn stand. The wheel will be easier to remove and clean that way and it causes me a lot less anxiety about damaging my precious CN (and I find it quieter).

Oh, that is a comfort wheel, not a silent spinner.
A silent spinner is the red and white wheel in the first picture.

If you do not want the stand of the comfort wheel on the floor or you want to secure it more firmly,
you can hang it sideways by cable tying the bottom of the stand onto the side of the cage.
Let me know if you want a pic. and I will put one into my cage and take a pic.

Eep. Silent spinner, comfort wheel, it all sounds way too similar to me. hehe. Anyways, thank you for all the help. I think for the time being I'm happy with the stand on the floor. We'll see how it works out once the boys get here though.

I have a Wodent Wheel and i have the stand on one of the levels of my cage and i cable tie it to the bars on the cage to keep it in place. If i don't, it moves all over and makes an awful screaming noise if it touches the bars and the rats run in it ><

Ohhh, well if you get some extra dough, get yourself an SS. I love mine. I found that the wheels, when on stands, fell over all the time... as SQ said you can zip tie the stand to the bars... it's a nice alternative.

There are 2 notches in the clip. You have to push it in further until the cage bars fasten in the second notch (the one closer to the back of the wheel) I had one of these and gave it to "Sausage" which I believe she is still using.

Back