color question

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wonderrodent

I picked up two new girls on Saturday and I was just wondering if anyone could help me with the colors (I know it's always hard to see in pics). They are two lovely dumbo girls - supposedly 1 1/2 years old but honestly, they look more like 6 months old!
Snowflake looks more creamy (or off-white) than a PEW and has red eyes. The other girl (no name yet) looks like an agouti but has more gray in it mixed with rusty/brown - kinda like salt and pepper and paprika. Would Snowflake be a champagne and the other one cinnamon or something? It doesn't really matter what they look like but I was just wondering. I never had rats with these colors before. Also, the "agouti" one has one eye that is quite a bit smaller (you can sort of see it in the picture). I wonder if she might be blind in that eye. Bot have a tiny white spot on their forehead. So cute!
DSCN5089.jpg

DSCN5121.jpg

DSCN5108.jpg

DSCN5118.jpg

Beautiful ratties I'm just here to say! I'm no expert on colors, i'll leave that to the real rattie experts hehe

Dazzle87 said:
Champagne and agouti! Agouti varies a lot. Congrats on the new rats, they're very pretty!

It even varies in the same rat! My blue agouti was a lighter color with less brown when I got him... But then he molted >>

Back