Cobweb decided he is a lone rat- 10/18 update

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomorrow Oprah and Martha come home. I despise the names so the name game will be on! I have the big cage in here just have to set it up but I have the little travel cage all ready for their recovery from their spays tomorrow. I am so excited to meet these girls. I hope they love my cobby! if not i am in trouble LOL I have went through a lot of money/work to get him two girlfriends! I am nervous for their spays and I havent even met them yet! It is so odd to know i have two spays happening on girls I never seen before.

I am still a bit nervous about them meeting. Cobby does great with the girls I have put him with but I picked girls that are not mean at all. She thinks these girls will be ok but they are not spayed and who knows who she intro'd them too!

It will be the longest day at work tomorrow. I wanna see the girls!

If this works, it will be a slow process. Right now I have cobby in their cage and the girls in his playpen. I have to go slow because I cannot stress him out. The girls are a bit pushy so I am unsure if it will work or not. I think I can convince them to get along but it is gonna take some couch intros and so on.

Wish them luck if not plan be will have to happen and I havent really came up with that yet LOL

578597_10151050346426409_1809664289_n.jpg

This one just melts me.
561739_10151050346456409_1700467654_n.jpg

Lydia is nicer to him, I think she will be ok. Marinette is protective of some things from him but I think that will die down once we finish the intros.

I have been cage swapping today. and I have been doing a lot of hours on the couch with them so we added the "famous" cage into the mix later in the day. They did fine in that so I left them in there snoozing while I took Kait back to her dads house.

I wont leave them together just yet. I have found myself to be very protective of cobby from these girls LOL if they look at him wrong I was grabbing them. I did settled down though I know that behavior wont help them adjust. I just fear stressing him and these will have to be intros since Marinette isnt as accepting as Lydia. She made him side step today, he is cocky anyway. I know girls like to put up that front so i am hoping it goes away fast.

My other girls are so accepting seriously we just let them hang out on the couch for a while and they were fine with him and he with them. This is gonna take a little work though I think. I want to keep them out of the cage so they can forget it is theirs. but I dont know yet how to work it out.

I am more confident with boys than I am girls. I dont think I can read them as well as my boys.

As we know I have a lot of boys. I can tell a boy will be a fighter before he takes his first bite. I can tell when the intros wont work, I can tell when I have to start removing testicles to make it work. I can intro boys who act like little buggers but these girls have be stumped LOL

I have had Cobby,Lydia and Marinette living in the play pen, out on the couch for very long times. I have recently added a small cage to the playpen for them to lay. It is getting chilly I cant have cobby on the floor at night. Today I scrubbed the cage up, moved it around, scrubbed the litter box out and put it all new. They even have a new food bowl.

Lydia is perfect to him. They cuddle often I can find him laying on her and every is perfect. *incoming horror suspense music*** and then there is marinette. She pulls on him, tugs at his fur, she nibbles at him. I am just lost as to what in the hell she is doing. Shelagh said I maybe a bit protective of my precious, sweet, angelic cobweb :dance: and suggested videos.

I wont lie. I am very protective of him. I watch her like a hawk if she looks like she might bite him, i am ready to pull him to saftey. I havent had to but I cannot figure this darn girl out.

You can see his excitement over his new girls.
[BBvideo 450,375:39v69nw4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBQLaNEReFM[/BBvideo:39v69nw4]

I dont understand why she is eating his face LOL
[BBvideo 450,375:39v69nw4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4ywvroyxbY[/BBvideo:39v69nw4]

Here is another that shows her. You can tell I watch them closely more than I watch the video but it is good enough you can see.

[BBvideo 450,375:39v69nw4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53p32gczLwM[/BBvideo:39v69nw4]

I know that with losing edgar from the intros. I have that fear now. I know that with his horrible health I am VERY worried about stressing him over the edge. I have keep them together because I dont feel he is to stressed out he is eating and acting fine but his actions are just odd. Hers are something I am not used to. I do know for a fact she has pinned him twice and all he did was there in a daze (or on :cloud9: ) and then went to the hammock for a snooze.

I cant decided if she is unsure, so he is being a gentlemen and not smashing her face in like his rexzilla genes should be causing or if he is waiting to start fighting if she goes over the line.

Any input would be awesome like I said I am so much better with boys than I am girls. My other girls are so damn easy to introduce I dont have to think about it at all LOL

*giggle* This "biting" at the face is EXACTLY what Tess did with Samson, but she was much more umm...rude and forceful...your girl is being gentle in comparison. Tess also grabbed his toes and dragged them down. When she grabs his fur and tries to pull him down, makes me think she actually likes him, but wants to make sure he realizes she's Boss. He's learning their language it seems :)

My girl Evie did this to all the males she was introduced to, she was relentless and also alpha. She still did it for a while after they were together but did stop over time.

That is good to know. I know he walks around all slow not reacting at all but he is very cautious of her. I am unsure how to take it. I worry about how he is acting. I dont want him to be scared of the girls and live in fear. IT is amazing me that he is being so submissive about it and not lashing out. I am hoping he lets her have alpha and she settles down but she is sure trying to make it known she is the boss.

I cant help but worry about his stress level.

He honestly doesn't look stressed to me...he's just going slow for her, not for himself. Kind of like when Cesar wore down Flower...oozing slowly, testing the waters, backing off when she shows she's not quite ready for that. If he was really stressed he would be moving away from her entirely, but he finds her fascinating yet a difficult prospect LOL

That is exactly why I posted it. I know i have an emotional attachment with him so i wanted to have people not emotionally involved look at it.

Out side of the cage he tries to grab them and hump lol but inside he is a moving at snail speed.

I agree he doesn't appear to be super stressed. He's quiet, but not frozen, if you know what I mean. And she seems to be pretty gentle when she is tugging on him, no 'eeps' of distress and no real reaction. Give them time...

I come home, cobby and lydia are sleeping in the hammock, crabby girl, on the bottom of the cage. LOL she is relentless about not letting him see her nice side. He was on that shelf again and she slapped at him. I dont get her at all. She acts like she owns the bottom and he cant be near it, yet she is fine eating up top. During out time they are perfectly fine, she isnt even pushy the cage is a whole other thing. This was the problem we had with our 5 girls when we intro'd the last 3 into the group but god they held on for weeks being buggers. I just hope she simmers down sooner than that. I really want him to enjoy both girls and I know we can lose him at any moment.

I really have no idea what to do with these girls after LOL My big group is a good group but she is a bugger so I will have to do some work to make them fit in a group and that wont be fun at all.

Poor Lilspaz and Jorats have had to talk me out of my "babying" mode with Cobby. I am so protective of this boy it has blindsided me. I still suck with girl intros but I am more of a boy rat owner LOL.

Out side of the cage they are perfect. Cage involved and it is arm wresting matches left and right.
[BBvideo 450,375:352hskhr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiw3OP_LpwA[/BBvideo:352hskhr]

These are happy actions from him, I see them more than I do the cautious/stay away ones now.
[BBvideo 450,375:352hskhr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIJlg_4ZrWY[/BBvideo:352hskhr]

awesome pulling action from marinette.

[BBvideo 450,375:352hskhr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-slx3JFKFAI[/BBvideo:352hskhr]

These two went at it for an hour on the couch. I let them go since they really dont hurt each other. He was being push around the couch, then he would push her around it. When I looked later, both those two were sleeping together.

It totally cracked me up watching her nip at his face then a few minutes later he would be nipping at hers. Two peas in a pod. Lydia is perfect. She is usually with him snoozing so my bugger isnt alone anymore. I am still a bit over protective over him but I have been through a lot with him. I did good today though. I left the alone, let the do what they had to and they seem to be on their way to getting over it.

They dont even look like rats that go at each other for hours.
423712_10151055199491409_1266730299_n.jpg

I am happy though, he has two girlfriends and he seems do be staying stable with his problems. I honestly havent seen him this happy in a long time. He is so much more active and he is all over the couch and cage. It is awesome to see it. I was really worried. It was 150.00 for their spays and adoption fees, I was so hoping it wasnt for nothing. I didnt want to see him alone. I will dread introducing these girls to my other colonies when the time comes they wont make this easy at all I can tell. Imagine how she is with one male, can you picture her meeting the group with 21 males? LOL

I'm pretty sure this will be a happy threesome. Mari looks great next to Cobby. She really looks like she loves him, she just forgets sometimes. lol

Back