CN Owners, I need your help

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by noodlebutts View Post
The levels inside each CN unit have three places you can attach them and I have my 12" wheel on one of the levels with lots of boxes under it! No problem fitting the wheel in
How sturdy are the bars themselves? Our wheel has a removeable stand so the wheel will attach directly to the bars but our current cage is a little weak and the wheel wobbles like crazy when they run.

I had to hook my water bottles inside it because the bars wouldn't bend to let the metal bit through and I have a hard time bending the bars :)

I would hook it on the bottom though because the cage will sway more on the top.

I just got mine from amazon with the free five-eight day shipping and it was there in five. That way I didn't have to worry about cancelling the amazon prime. It really is the best deal in Canada unfortunately unless a friend in the states can drive it over

I have wheels in all my DCN and they are very sturdy, and my water bottles are also inside - one on each level

They even hold my Peanut
IMG_4863_zps6e43669b.jpg

Maybe these will help
IMG_4857_zps6d206b74.jpg

IMG_2623_zpsb0c6dfc3.jpg

well, I can't afford it right now, but because I hate to see unhappy animals I have gone ahead and purchased the the cage.

This isn't just because of the rats, it comes down to an entire master plan to clean up our apartment and provide good homes to our animals and us, no matter how much it 'hurts' financially.

Seems to me like more of a copy cat. But hey, if it is cheaper and still of good quality I say go for it!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I was thinking last night if you turned that top part around the opening would be in that front spot, but I cannot remember if its possible to install it any other way. I truthfully cannot see why you couldn't if just fits into the peg openings. The CN are nice, but they aren't the best quality either they come dented up and you really need a mallet/hammer sometimes to get them together. The pans crack rather easily. So I'd say go for you if want to. I believe All Living Things is a Petsmart brand

Last edited:
I just got mine from amazon with the free five-eight day shipping and it was there in five. That way I didn't have to worry about cancelling the amazon prime. It really is the best deal in Canada unfortunately unless a friend in the states can drive it over

Even if they did drive it across their would be duties and taxes to pay, and they would be hefty, not to mention fuel cost.

So yes, Amazon really was a great deal. I wouldn't want the copycat cage even if it is a bit cheaper because I'd still have to pay a huge shipping fee for a 100Lb cage, Amazon was free shipping and I'm trialling Prime.

Thanks for all the info guys. It looks like I've made a good investment, plus it will really help clean up some space in our apartment being that we won't need two cages.

The cage should be here no later than Monday (Stupid easter) and then I'm gonna get to work setting it up.

You are going to love it. Of course the babies love all the extra space but my favorite part is how easy it is to clean. You can literally lean inside it. There are no corners that require contortions to clean. Put up pics when you get everything set up!!

Also I have been an Amazon Prime user for a few years now and I love it. You may find you don't even want to cancel it.

Also I have been an Amazon Prime user for a few years now and I love it. You may find you don't even want to cancel it.

Maybe not, but I don't buy much on Amazon to be honest. I seem to be buying more from them recently though, and I'm certain I'd spend way more than $79/year on shipping items I do purchase.

Too bad Prime for US users has a Netflix like streaming service but Canadians do not :(

Back