CN/FN modification help?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lansauce

so i was thinking about getting a CN for my boys .. but it looks like the customization options for a CN aren't as extensive as the FN (attaching two side-by-side, third level extension etc) i'm wondering, how unassemble-able are the cages? is it possible to take the bars out of the doors? i got the bright idea of trying to replace the bars with plexiglas sheets last night so that i could have a clear view of my boys being lazy squishes :D does anyone think this would be possible with either model? and also, does anyone have any dislikes about these cages except for the shallow pans? if i do get either a CN of FN i'll look for somewhere on the east end of toronto that could make a custom pan for me since i'd have to use some sort of bedding, isaac and armageddon are fleece-eaters :wallbang:

As for the CN not being as easily modified as the FN that's not true. They contain the exact same pieces the FN just goes together with screws. And you wouldn't be able to remove the bars from the doors or either cage without cutting them permenantly out. As far as I can remember it is possible to make a 3 level CN and to attach them side by side.

xxchelle said:
I don't like the idea of the plexiglass, it'll decrease airflow within the cage, not to mention plexiglass isn't the strongest material out there, and is VERY easily scratched up anyways.

Also, pans can be ordered through Flowertown Chinchillas in Brampton!

oh, i hadn't thought of that! that partially formed idea is out the window now. i do like the ferret nation because the wider bars would let me see the rats better, but they're no fun to climb and not baby safe if i decide later to get a ratling or two. good to know also that i can order additional pans!

smilez_n_hugs, do they make add-ons for the CN? i don't quite have enough money to dish out for the double level but it'd be nice to be able to add onto it later :)

No, they don't. Not like the FN add-on. I'm not totally sure how you'd modify it if you bough two singles... Since there will be no "cut out" part.

Edit: You might be able to order the cut out parts from Midwest specifically? You could buy two singles and connect them side-by-side though.

I have seen a lot of people on Goosemoose saying that there will be an add on for the CN coming out in August.

Back