Clover's tumor removal today(UPDATE and a Question)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa's ZOO

She has a walnut sized tumor in her groin area so wish us luck. I almost cry everytime I leave the vets. I never say good bye just I love you and I will see you after work and a few kisses. Saying good bye seems like I will never see her again.

This tumor grew so fat from M&M size to walnut size in about a week.

I have a ridiculously hard time letting go of the carrier at all. So long as I have a hand on it, my babies will be juuuust fine. Atleast that's how it works out in my head.

The best of luck to Clover, and may she have a speedy recovery!

Good luck to Clover! my little Raina will be going through the same thing on the 6th...seems like everyone is having these things at the same time. Poor little ratties.

Just called the vet and they said Clover made it just fine through surgery and that she is just sleeping it off right now. WHEW, I hate waiting to hear from them. So can't wait to get her after work and she is going to get some yummy baby oatmeal when we get home.

So I called them around 2 and they said she was good and starting to wake up. But when I get there at 5:30 Dr. Cody tells me that she is still really out of it and that he had to give her more anesthesia becasue she was really, really fighting it. She look so horrible just laying there, but she was breathing. So I took her home wrapped her in a baby blanket and jsut held her, stroking her face and telling her how much I loved her and that Mommy would never put her through this again. So around 7:30 she finally started to move a little and tried to crawl around, so I put her back in her carrier with the heating pad so she could be alone to recover.

Anyways, she is fine now, she spent all day saturday sleeping in the litter box all by her self which bothered me but by Sunday morning she was a sleep in the hammock with everyone else.

My questions is has anyone else had a rat fight the anesthesia and take a longtime to recover from it?

So keep your fingers crossed she does not get another tumor for at least another 6 months or so becasue once she reaches 2 years I won't chance a surgery.

This is new to me. Do you know what kind he used? Gas or injection?
The longest I've had a rat stay groggy was 24 hours, but never listless though.

Back