climbing toys

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireworks

Hi everybody! :)

What are some good climbing toys for rats? I have a hanging bird ladder with bells on it but they don't really like it and just ignore it, but besides that they don't have many climbing toys. They have some hammocks and stuff, but I want to get them a variety of things to do! :)

So what do you use as climbing toys? Any type of unique toy suggestion is good too. I already give them greenies once in a while for their teeth, hammocks, and igloo, and an octopus toy. they dont have much. :( I tried to make some no-sew items but it didn't really work. I'm not a crafty one... :/

Lots of tubes! Fill on old sock with food, and hang it from the top of the cage, so they have to stretch/climb fro it. For even more of a challenge, make the string elastic, I id this, and Riff literally walked on hind legs on a tube until he got it. Make sure you have a hammock close below incase they fall!

I have this great Parrot rope perch. it has these parts on the ends that let you easily attach it to the cage and make it stable, plus it is bendy so you can make it interesting. Right now it is put away for a few months because they had mites about 3 months ago, but they do love it.

parrot ladders can be neat too.

Hang baskets or plastic containers on the sides so they will climb up to get into them.
My rats do a lot of climbing when out for play time, climbing up the couch, climbing on a cat climber, climbing on fisher price toys, up the outside of the FN, etc.

When my Corrie was alive and her daughters were younger, their favourite climbing toy was me! They'd climb up my pant legs to my shoulders, from where they could launch themselves somewhere more interesting.

my boys get ALOT of climbing time outside the cage also, me my son, the bed, the toys, etc...

BUT in the cage they like their hammcoks, and baby links, ladders, cage bars, blankets with knots tied in them...

I guess my boys are MONKEYS, not rats... :laugh4:

Back