Cleaning the FN

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronwyn

I'm really curious to know how Jo, or anyone who does this for that matter, cleans their FN without physically moving the unit. As of now I remove the shelves, trays, toys, etc and wash them in the shower. But I remember someone saying they took a bucket of soap and water, brought it to the FN, and scrubbed it on the spot.

What I'm wondering is, how do you not create a lake of dirty water and soap underneath...?

I do the same thing as you. Take everything to the shower, dry it all off, put it back in the cage.

I'd have no idea what other way you could do it!

Ditto for me. Into the shower it goes. But, I do take a bucket of hot, soapy water into the Rat Room in order to clean the the actual cage (i.e the bars, top, middle level, doors, etc.).

I bought one of those big totes and fill it with soapy water and wash all the toys in there as well as the actual cage. I just put my rag in the water, slightly wring it and wash down the cage. You can put some towels down around the cage but I never had any puddles of water. It would be like washing your walls or your table and chairs, your fridge and stove, same concept.

Let's not ask how I didn't come to that on my own, haha. Okay thanks! :D I have wood floors beneath the cage so I'll definitely have to put something down.

By the way, off topic, but Jo, I found a special CD of memories and one special baby popped up.

ay2gdy.jpg

Yeah. :D The left one is what I was pointing to really, lol, unfortunately Beau isn't in that pic but I didn't want to upset Nic.

Well I posted him because he was an agouti rex. ;) I have sooo many but couldn't resist the wittle tail and paws in that one. I never named him. : / The black one he's sleeping on was a favourite of mine, and Splash is the hooded sweetie, and the fawn rex is in the background. Atrus adopted the black and fawn boys, Splash joined an existing colony down my street, and the wee agouti boy lived a very short life...I don't want to jog your memory there, it was very sad, but he died after being put in a forever home.

Back