Clark & Buckeye officially cagemates

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you feel better soon. It's really no fun feeling sick and those feelings can transfer into the rats. Sounds like things are going great if you are ready for the big cage scrub down. You are a pro at these things so I know you would know if it's time. Yay!

Thanks Jo - Clark went after Weston tonight we tried to hump him while he was eatting a treat - fur was flying, but no other injuries located. I did however find a bunch of scabs so I think were dealing with mites again. Started a thread for that.

Tme for neuters yet? :)

They are actually getting a bit tamer .... although (I forget who) was tugging on Clark's butt last night. Clark has already lost the nads :cry5: He has many times last night to go after them - all four attacked him at once and he got puffy but didn't lose it.

Clark and Weston - snuggling! Move in time is approaching

uploadfromtaptalk1416270305451.jpg

Aww that's sweet. Sounds like things are going good. You guys are on neutral territory right?
I can't wait to see how cute they all look in a cage together :3

Yes, our bed - the boys rarely if ever go on it so we are using it for intros this time around. That is his first official snuggle. We have added an item Clark claims as his and he's sharing it. That turtle is new to all of them.

I have one of those turtles too. They're pretty cute. :p
I never got my crew to snuggle before the move in so I think you're ahead of the game haha. Might be time to step it up to familiar territory. :3

Cage will be scrubbed down today or Friday when we're home all day to monitor them, but I think I finially have a sucess intro! Better yet, Clark has friends - I think he has became a rat again! Although his mini me's stretch out and lay down just like he does when tired - like little puppies♥♡♥♡♥

My Clark looks very sad. I don't think he likes the new living arrangements. I was watching them earlier today and Hawk is being an a** he tugs on him, bites him, actually pulls him by the arm with his mouth, constantly pins his head down, and occasionally flips him. Clark doesn't seem to have any fight in him. Hawk picked on his brother too, but Clark gets the worst of it. However, Hawk went after Clark and out of no where Torres body slammed him and pinned him down. He then went and laid by Clark. I always thought those two got along the best. I don't want to make him a bachelor again, but I certainly don't want him unhappy.

Poor Clark...
I would give it a little time to see if things settle down. Maybe Torres will end up being his protector.

It does appear that is what is taking place. Torres is the smallest one in there. They were sleeping together today and he bunked with Hank too. He's just too used to being a "people" that he's not used to this rat thing. I did notice some dried blood by his ear that looked like a scratch. That body slam Torres gave Hawk was just awesome and completely came out of no where.

I wold give it more time too. It's an adjustment being part of a colony and the bully should settle down too eventually. I think it's so sweet that Clark has a body guard.

Everyrat seems to be getting alone now. Torres is definitely Clark's buddy/shadow. However, these boys never sleep together - none of them, so I'm still waiting for my rat pile.. These are the ones that will just sleep out in the open. Five boys in this cage and they will all sleep alone - all the time, what is with that???

Back