Children's Benadryl

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rattikins

Hi again,

I gave Lily the benadryl last night and it seemed to help her a lot. 0.1 ml just like jorats suggested.

She is just a baby - 6 weeks and a few ounces only :) so should I give it do her TWICE a day or just the one time a day?

And also for how long can I give it to her, it seems to really help but I don't know if there's long term issues.

Thank you guys so much!! I apologize that I'm so needy right now, LOL!! I'm just trying to get through this bought with her and you all have no idea how much I appreciate you!! :hugs:

Is there any time period that expires as far as giving her benadryl or can I give it to her everyday for the rest of her life?

It seems to help her, but I didn't know if it could only be used for a week at a time or something, etc.

Thanks!

What do you use benadryl for?

(I'm asking because I use Benadryl for myself - allergies. And I've never heared that you could use Benadryl for rats so for me it's very interesting. Allways learning).

Miss Sofie said:

(I'm asking because I use Benadryl for myself - allergies. And I've never heared that you could use Benadryl for rats so for me it's very interesting. Allways learning).

I use children's benadryl for sneezing, but only when she is actively sneezing, but this is becoming more often, so I wanted to ask and make sure I'm not over-using it.

If she needs it... I'd give it to her once a day for a week when sneezing. if after a week it doesn't help, then I would stop it.

Miss Sophie, sometimes it works on our ratties if we suspect allergies or even if there's swelling it helps.

rattikins said:
Miss Sofie said:

I use children's benadryl for sneezing, but only when she is actively sneezing, but this is becoming more often, so I wanted to ask and make sure I'm not over-using it.

Ahhh okay..
I just never heared of using it for rats before..
In Denmark we have Benadryl in pills - is that the same?

jorats said:
If she needs it... I'd give it to her once a day for a week when sneezing. if after a week it doesn't help, then I would stop it.

What if it IS helping? I give it to her during "fits" and she stops, so can I always give it to her everyday for the rest of her life?

Back