Chewing cage bars

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissGuardian

So..
I got my new cage last Thursday..
And Nirvana has been chewing the cage bars every freaking night!
IT is driving me insane and keeping me awake at night..
Is there anything I can do to stop her?
It don´t really matter what I give her to gnaw on.. She still chews the cage bars..
Not even baby food is enough to stop her.. Toilet rolls and kleenex only stops her for a few minutes at a time..
She has not chewed the bars on the spare cage, or the old one..
I need some serious help, so I can get some sleep! :gaah:

Can you give her out time right before you go to bed, to get her to exercise, run, climb, jump, hoping to tire her out. You could also try giving her tissues before bed, that might keep her occupied for a while.

activities or play time before bed are a huge help. Daisy used to keep me awake with bar chewing at all hours after being put in her hospital cage.

pretty much anything that will engage them helps. tissues, treat puzzles (something where they have to figure out how to get to it). with my first girls who were super high energy, I used to give them fabric treat pouches before bed. they had stuff like cheerios in them and they had to chew through the fabric to get them. it kept them occupied so I could get to sleep!

Thanks for the advice!
I already have her out just before I go to bed..
I really hope she stops doing it before it drives me insane..

When I switched my girls over from the Martins Cage to the Double FN, Momma used to chew the bars, after a while she stoped.

Ratty Momma said:
When I switched my girls over from the Martins Cage to the Double FN, Momma used to chew the bars, after a while she stoped.
Thanks for the reply!
I hope she stops too..
Wonder why she´s started now tho, since she´s changed cage several times without chewing..

Back