Charlie and his facial abcess - RIP my sweet boy...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We helped Charlie cross the Bridge last night... :cry4:

Lilspaz won over my vet... did I mention I trusted her judgement? Charlie was looking like his head was being split into 2 - his ear was moving further and further back. The abcess was moving closer and closer to his eye, and that red spotting that says an abcess is about to pop was now circling under his eye. His jaw was all crooked, I had to syringe-feed my starving, bony boy. Dr Saulnier (the one who saved Tanner's life) said that he had pus in his mouth. There was no reason to even hesitate.

I will write a memorial later, when I get my head back and feel I can put the time to it. He had such a hard life, he deserves at least a decent memorial.

Thank you everyone... I am glad to see he was able to capture so many hearts... he really deserved it.

I actually had to do a bit of "primal screaming" (???) last night after BF left for the grocery store. I am the type of person who would usually try to hide between the wall and the wallpaper as I hate being noticed most of the time... so this was very much unlike myself. I didn't recognize the sound coming out of my gut, still I couldn't stop the scream. This is so unfair, I so wanted to take him to a place where he was truly happy with his friends and we never had the time. I don't even have the strength to be angry now. I just so desperately want to believe there really is a place like the Bridge and that he finally is living out the true happiness he deserves...

There's no question it's a travesty how he lived the first part of his life but at least you were able to give him friends and show him people are not all bad. It's a shame he didn't get to enjoy it longer but he was happy for many months and those were the best months of his life. I really wish people would need a license to have animals...

Back