Cdns - Dollarama has towels!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lise

Just wanted to post a quick heads up for the Canadians on the forum that Dollarama is now carrying beach towels for $2.

One towel is more than sufficient to line a pan in the FN/CN and so far I am REALLY digging them over the fleece blankies.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

SQ said:
I don't like using towels as little toes and nails get caught in the loops in the fabric.

I personally swear by towels, never had any issues with nails or toes getting stuck. :) Thanks for the heads up on towels.. I'm going to go stock up. :cheeky:

Cigar said:
I personally swear by towels, never had any issues with nails or toes getting stuck. :) Thanks for the heads up on towels.. I'm going to go stock up. :cheeky:

Really? my ratties get caught in towels so can't use them.

SQ said:
Really? my ratties get caught in towels so can't use them.

I use towels too and swear by them.

Perhaps you were using too good quality towels? The 3$ towels I buy from walmart aren't very fluffy and have a very low pile (is that the correct word? or is that more for carpets? :p ). I've never had an issue with them after 8 months, at least none that Ive seen.

Yep cheap towels are awesome for FN's...well until I had to handwash it...lifting a sodden towel is incredibly hard on a sore back. :roll: Fleece is MY friend :D

I used to use towels but then it got frayed too fast and I actually had to cut my rat out of it once. Scared the crap out of me... never used it since. But maybe the cheap towels don't have all that much threading and don't fray as bad?

jorats said:
I used to use towels but then it got frayed too fast and I actually had to cut my rat out of it once. Scared the crap out of me... never used it since. But maybe the cheap towels don't have all that much threading and don't fray as bad?

That would be scary. :( I always cut the frayed tails off when they come out of the dryer and make a point to cut any rattie head sized holes open to make them passable. I toss anything that gets to ratty [haha]. Because my females like to chew the bedding inside their igloo to shreds I use XL cotton t-shirts in there instead and feel alot safer. They modify the shirts but never shred them like a towel.

Prime's right that the cheaper towels aren't as plush and don't fray the same as expensive towels. Beach towels for example are perfect because they're thin. I buy big towels and cut them to the right size and hem them. :)

Back