Cataracts? And an old abcess?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ktina

Dear Vince is such a mess! I noticed his on his eye a few days ago:

3701165881_84d8db84a6.jpg

Since the pic was taken it has gotten a bit more "goopy" looking, almost like there's a booger on it when there's not. Does this look like cataracts? Or somethingh else?

Also, he has this on his side:

3701991588_4661404dc7.jpg

It looks like an abcess that had opened, but the middle is very crusty and hard. Is there anything I can do to it?

My James has something like that on his side but it's cancer. The vet won't touch it. But he also has a tumor in his belly. I'm sorry, I don't mean to scare you. But if it is cancer my vet suggests to just leave it alone.

He does have cataracts... and what he has on his side could be something like a keratin cyst or a dried abscess... it could also be cancer like mamarat's little guy but whatever it is... I would just keep an eye on it. Vince must be an old manrat? He sure is handsome...

Our Adelina has cataracts too. Thankfully, they don't seem to bother her.

It does look like a cyst to me, on his side. Is it flat, or do you notice a chalky substance kind of loose? Often small cysts like that, will eventually work themselves to the surface and literally just pop right out. You may see a hole behind for a while, but eventually it just goes away. We've had several old men over the years get cysts. My Teddy had many of them.

I hope it's just cyst and Vince is otherwise doing well.

It is sort of flat, but it it also raised a bit. He actually isn't that old, I'm guessing a little over 1. He's still as active as ever, so I'm surprised he has all these things popping up.

Back