Cataract? Glaucoma? My little PT girl

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you called local pharmacies for the bromo?

If not, call and ask if they have bromo in stock, then ask how much it will be. Give the name and phone number of the pharmacy to your vet and tell your vet that you checked and the pharmacy carries it. Then your vet can call in a script so you can pick it up at the pharmacy. This is how I do it and it isn't a whole lot of money compared to the vet pharmacy. 40 pills here costs around $60 and lasts a fair while. The last one i had filled was late September/early October, and I have had 2 rats on it. I have to renew in about a week I dose a bit differently then some people here, but it seems to be working really well for me and the ratters here and its not super expensive which is awesome!

As for her eye, just keep and eye on it.
lol no pun intended, but I did just giggle at that comment :emb:

LOL crumbilina!

I called CVS last night. They said they can get it, but the person on the other line was pretty rude and didn't even give me a general price estimate or any information because I didn't know the exact concentration yet. I'm going to call walgreens or another CVS today. But at least I know it's a possibility!

Aida said:
LOL crumbilina!

I called CVS last night. They said they can get it, but the person on the other line was pretty rude and didn't even give me a general price estimate or any information because I didn't know the exact concentration yet. I'm going to call walgreens or another CVS today. But at least I know it's a possibility!

The pills I have are 2.5mg if that helps

It does. :)

The vet office called!
They said that from the picture, it looks to be a cataract.
They didn't say anything about the bromocriptine, but they will leave a note for the doctor- I'm hoping she'll let me know soon!

I also called walgreen's, and they were sooo much more helpful. For 15 2.5mg pills, it'll be 60$ and they have it in stock.

Oh now, I forgot to update!
The vet called and she said that to her, it is just a cataract. We will also be getting the bromo soon. ;3
Thank you so much everyone!

She is doing great.

Back