Candy has gone the Bridge..

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujubeespmud

:flowers3:

My himi girl, Candy went to the bridge tonight. I'm sad of course, but I know it was the right time and the best thing for her. Last Thursday I took her and several other rattties to the vet. One of the other girls, another Himi named Sweet Pea had not been acting herself and also was making some breathing noises. I made the appointment mainly for her, but also wanted Candy looked at since she had a spot on her back that was bald. It was a small area and I originally thought one of the other girls was grooming her too much. She was put on Baytril and that was that. However, oddly enough, the next evening I noticed she was in a ball trying to hold onto food and eat it. She was showing signs of a rat with a pituitary tumor. I put her on doxy in addition to the baytril for several days. No change. So I stopped the doxy and put her on Pred. She wasn't showing any response, in fact, she then started with the head tilt thing. I felt so bad for her, but I knew it wasn't going to get better. She also had lost a lot of weight, in spite the fact she was still trying to eat and I was feeding her Ensure with a syringe and baby foods as well. She wasn't able to clean herself and barely get around. I could only imagine how she got from one ramp to another in the cage. So Rest In Peace my sweet sweet Candy Girl. I love you and have fun on the bridge with the rest of the gang. I will soon see you and all the others one day in Heaven. (Candy is the him on the right in my avatar)

jujubeespmud said:
:flowers3:

My himi girl, Candy went to the bridge tonight. I'm sad of course, but I know it was the right time and the best thing for her. Last Thursday I took her and several other rattties to the vet. One of the other girls, another Himi named Sweet Pea had not been acting herself and also was making some breathing noises. I made the appointment mainly for her, but also wanted Candy looked at since she had a spot on her back that was bald. It was a small area and I originally thought one of the other girls was grooming her too much. She was put on Baytril and that was that. However, oddly enough, the next evening I noticed she was in a ball trying to hold onto food and eat it. She was showing signs of a rat with a pituitary tumor. I put her on doxy in addition to the baytril for several days. No change. So I stopped the doxy and put her on Pred. She wasn't showing any response, in fact, she then started with the head tilt thing. I felt so bad for her, but I knew it wasn't going to get better. She also had lost a lot of weight, in spite the fact she was still trying to eat and I was feeding her Ensure with a syringe and baby foods as well. She wasn't able to clean herself and barely get around. I could only imagine how she got from one ramp to another in the cage. So Rest In Peace my sweet sweet Candy Girl. I love you and have fun on the bridge with the rest of the gang. I will soon see you and all the others one day in Heaven. (Candy is the him on the right in my avatar)

Oh Julie, I'm so sorry. :tearful:

Such a darling little rat girl Candy was. She now plays at the Rainbow Bridge with Jazzy on a cloud built for two. :love6:

You were a wonderful ratmom Sweetie-Pie. Your girls all know how much they mean to you.

You will see your baby again. Until then, she is keeping your cloud warm. :heart:

Back