Can someone please define...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeartMyRatties

Owwie stretches?

I saw a post earlier about a rat doing something called 'owwie stretches' - but I'm just not sure what these are? Could someone define/clarify or direct me to a link that would explain this better for me? I figure it's better to ask now so that I'm prepared when/if it happens with my fuzzies!

Thanks!!

Here is one picture:

goli-owwiestretchapr11.jpg

Wow that does not look good. What is the pain from? Does it mean they are sick or hurt internally? I have never seen/heard such a thing. Can they be treated for that? Poor lil thing. Wow. P.

My girl Vixey did that a lot after her surgery to remove a mass. It can be from various things, but you can definately tell they are not feeling well...

It's good to know what it looks like, though now having seen it I think it's something that I'd instinctively recognize as something being wrong, even if I'd never seen the pics before!

But still very good to see and know!

September555 said:
Wow that does not look good. What is the pain from? Does it mean they are sick or hurt internally? I have never seen/heard such a thing. Can they be treated for that? Poor lil thing. Wow. P.

When we see this, it usually means they are having stomach pains or other internal pains.

My girl Lucille did it ever so slightly for a few days before she passed. She had a large growth on her intestines that eventually caused a major obstruction.

Back