can rats have papaya?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilangel

i bought a fresh papaya and wondered if they were allowed this? of course not the seeds but the orange part of it? Thanks for any answers :D

OH also water melon is ok too? With out seeds.

Gosh edit:

Also are thy allowed asparagus and leeks? i bought a frozen bag of veggies mixed and it has those two items in it along with baby corn,carrots,broccoli and peas i think.

Papaya yes (I do not know if they'll like it) but I am not sure if it had d-limolene or not. It has lots of digestive enzymes so it can help with upset tummies.

Watermelon they will love and is fine.

Asparagus is also ok but I'm not sure if they'll like it because of the stringy texture but if it was frozen it may be more tender.

Leeks are kind of like onions so I don't think the rats would enjoy them... maybe pick them out?

Ok perfect i shall see tonight if they like Papaya and then this week if they like the other items and will take out the leeks in case. The bag i thought i bought was just normal mixed with broccoli and stuff but noticed once home they had all the other stuff in it.

Thanks a bunch

Don't worry about the D-Limonene in any of the citrus fruit. They would need to drink/eat a ton of it before it can even be slightly bad for them.

Well last night they ate Papaya and seemed to like it way more the celery lol they hate celery. Today we shall see maybe melon or veggies, most likely they will get veggies tonight seeing as they had fruit yesterday.

Moon said:
Just wanted to say my kids GO NUTS for asparagus. Don't cook it too much and watch the insanity!

this is very interesting, I;ll have to pick some up for them. Can they eat it daily?

Back