Can rats have bloody noses?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cigar

I went into my room and saw blood drops on the food dish. I discovered that it was Poppy [figures it was the female who likes being handled the least!] and pulled her out. I cleaned up her nose to make sure it wasn't a bite or anything. It's only coming out of one nostril. She's covered in blood. :/ Boy is she ever going to hate having a bath..

Can anyone help?

I'm positive. This was blood. :| It smelled like blood, looked like blood, and kept coming out of her nose. There's no staining around the eyes either.

No fight that I'm aware of. I checked both females and studied her nose for quite a while. No scratches or bite barks. Poppy is about 7 months.

*The bleeding stopped and I gave her a quickie run around in the tub to clean off.

She's acting like her old self. She'll let me pet her in the cage with a closed hand but as soon as my hand opens to pick her up she zooms away. Her nose is still clear, no signs of porphyrin anywhere. She's cuddled up with her buddy Clover.

Back