Cait's Rat Bunch

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

I'll have to find something cooler to call my gang, but my brain isn't working too well. :p

Right now we have six boys living with us: Denny, Izzie, Preston, Andi, Tip, and Rubin.

Denny is a rescue, who I've had since December '07. He is a black and white hooded, and the BEST rat hands down ever. I know. I say that slightly biased, but I truly believe any one who met him could agree that he is what everyone wishes every rat was... Loving, cute, super friendly, good with kids, calm with new people, obedient, and just all around a good boy! He'll be one in November.

IMG_3653.jpg

Izzie is a rescue, who I've had since April '07, and he came in with Preston. He is a mink hooded. He is also one of those everyone wishes they had... An extreme cuddler, a big squishy boy who just loves to be petted and held. He is fantastical.
IMG_3673.jpg

Preston is also a rescue, and came to me the same time Izzie did. He is a black berkshire, although a bad one. He is shy, but will come to you and is a good boy generally. He is very careful and obsevant... He watches what everyone else does before he acts. He's extremely smart. He and Izzie will be one in February '09.
IMG_4306.jpg

Andi and Tip... Rescue brothers who came to me in a weird way when they were too young, in May '08. Both are mink selfs, but Tip has dumbo ears. They are both pretty reserved... Tip more than Andi. Tip is a rat's rat... He prefers their company to mine. Andi on the other hand, likes to be petted and held, and will come to me when called. He is more outgoing than his brother. Tip has it his way, or no way... Andi is a lot more flexible. They will be 1 in May '09.

Tip
IMG_3220.jpg

Andi
IMG_3267.jpg

Rubin is a rescue who came to me July ( I believe... Or late June? LMAO) from Staci (OldsGal). He was 1 1/2 then, so I imagine come the new year he'll be two. He is I *think* a lilac or something blazed/hooded... IDK what his markings are called, but he's handsome. He is an older gentleman in with all these younger guys, but he fits in so perfectly you wouldn't know he never lived with them until he was middle aged, heh. He's a very outgoing boy, and boy does he love food!! He really loves to explore and loves to sniff new things. Rubin came with his cagemate and best pal, Norrin. But Norrin never got on with the other guys, and then he passed, so Rubin went to live with the other five with no issue at all.
IMG_3698.jpg

And we have 3 girls here as well: Harlow, Iris, and Janie.

Janie has been the star in the house as of late... I adopted her in August of this year, and not too soon after she got here than she had a litter of ten, which I will talk about later. She is young, but I have no clue how old... 4-5 months, if that. She's a VERY sweet girl... Very licky and cleans your hands for you. She will sit still to be petted, which my other two never do. She is a blue of somesort.
IMG_3603.jpg

Harlow is my attention whore! She was my boyfriend's rat until he decided she and his other rat should live here about in August. She is ALWAYS in my face... "Mam pet me, Mam pay attention to me, Mam feed me, Mam Mam Mam" I can just hear her say! She LOVES to play, and will do it for hours if you let her, LOL. She's very much a girly girl... All over the place all the time! She's about... I want to say 4 months old. I really have no clue, but she was small when he first got her, but I can't remember when that was, LOL. She is a bad black (I want to say chocolate) hooded.
IMG_3600.jpg

Iris was Harlow's cagemate, and I think she's a little older, by a month or two at least. She's a little bit more reserved, but is still very friendly and outgoing. She sleeps in the weirdest places... She doesn't play like Harlow does, but she's a lovely lady who loves to be petted and especially have her ears rubbed. She is a champagne berkshire, and SO cute. She is my best model of the girls.
IMG_3602.jpg

Okay, like I said, Janie has a litter of ten right now. There are 6 boys (Marty, MBob, Romy, Laura, and two boys who have a new home lined up) and 4 girls (Karly, Nikki, Taffy, and Aizy). They're all black in some combo, with three of the boys being hooded (Marty, Romy, and ne of the no named boys), 2 selfs (Laura and one of the no named boys), and one Berkshire (MBob). The girls are all berkshires, although with different patterns and amounts of white going from most to least: Taffy, Aizy, Nikki, and Karly. Taffy is my little runty girl... A keeper for sure! They were born September 22nd, and just turned two weeks. They are... ADORABLE. I need to get new pics on here for everyone, but I'm not sure you could handle it. When they get bigger, I'll post individual pics of the ones who are staying. But for now:

IMG_4707-1.jpg

toomuchcuteness.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

I updated with pics (the bigger boys and girls with ones you haven't seen before. NEW! Yay!).

And now with a few more...

Tip, Preston, Andi, Izzie, and Denny.
IMG_3712.jpg

With Rubin, LOL
IMG_3713.jpg

Sleepy boy...
IMG_3646.jpg

Sweet Izzie
IMG_3675.jpg

YUM! Iris and Harlow
IMG_3115-1.jpg

Iris... Too funny!
IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_4437.jpg

Sweet Harlow's face
IMG_4440.jpg

:) Thanks guys! They are really a great bunch, that's for sure!

I need to get pics of the babies now and my sister's little boy. Who is slowly becoming mine. *cough*

I need to put Seth Rogen and Isobel in here!

Ms. Isobel
IMG_5822.jpg

Not sure of how old she is, but I'm guessing 8 weeks. She still has her baby fur. :) She's my little sweetheart... She's just as friendly as my other three big girls. I can't wait to get her home! :D She's still got about a week of QT left.

Seth Rogen
IMG_5507.jpg

Technically he's my sister's... But we all know how that goes. Mwahahaa! He's so handsome. He fits right in with the other boys, although he's excited for when the little boys get big enough to go in with them. Then he'll have someone to play with, and not just sleep on, LOL. I love agouti. I think he's my first plain Jane agouti!

I need to take new pics of Seth Rogen and the babies... Will do that today!

LMAO is it bad to say I'm not sure? Phyllis is going to take a look at all of them, and I'll let her pick how many and who. I've forced myself not to get too attached, although I love all of them soooo much. Sounds like I failed, LOL! But I know they'll have an awesome home with Phyllis, so I know they'll be treated GREAT and that's what counts to me.

Edit: Besides the 4 I have in my sig! LOL

Okay! After a slight mix up of days, Phyllis took home five babies! Marty, MBob, and three of the girls, including Taffy. I wanted Phyllis to have an extra special girl and she didn't seem to mind. ;)

So that leaves me with three of the babies, Romy, Laura, and Karly. So the girls cage is at capacity (snugly, I might add) with: Iris, Harlow, Janie, and Karly. When Isobel gets there, that will be it for girls.

Meanwhile we've had a male addition, a partner for Seth Rogen, Romy, and Laura on my sister's part. (Is it bad that I love when she "gets" rats? I even get to name them. I'm not sure why she bothers...) His name is Cricket.

I'll get new pics of everyone tomorrow. MASS PHOTO SHOOT. 0.0

Just updating pics!

After strep pneumonia ran through the gang, I lost four of my dear boys, leaving me with six boys and five girls.

Boys

Mistah Denny!
IMG_6786.jpg

Izzie
IMG_6785.jpg

Romy
IMG_6811.jpg

Laura
IMG_6769.jpg

Seth Rogen
IMG_6756.jpg

And Cricket, who is still in QT and will be for a bit still
IMG_6817.jpg

And the five girls

Iris, Harlow, Janie, and Karly is hidden in there, but she's there!
IMG_6874.jpg

Miss Isobel, who, like Cricket, is in QT, and, still like Cricket, will be for some time.
IMG_6867.jpg

We will be welcoming one more little boy the week of Christmas. He is a Russian blue self. I can't wait!

Davis :D He came here Friday, December 27th and was born... let me check... November third of 2008. My littlest boy, and I think my last rat to be brought in for awhile. (So I say now, LMAO.)

IMG_7036.jpg

Back