Cait? Posting? About Rats? WITH PICTURES?!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

:D It's happened! LMAO. When I went to take my bunnies to their foster mom, I got to meet all of the other animals Barbara had. She had dogs, cats, a hamster, already one rabbit, chickens, GPs, a goat... And a rat.

I met this rat, and I said, "Wow, he looks familiar..." which is odd, since the only rats I had seen were my own fosters and at the bait shop. Then I remembered, one time, there were two large agouti hooded bucks they had in one time. They stood out because they were so old, and they were kept in a ten gallon tank (these guys were easily over a pound each) and on cedar. They looked so sad... Immediatly I wanted them... They were so sweet, too, I took them out and held them. But I was with Lyndsey that day, and she hates animals in her car. And I knew with college coming up, it wouldn't be fair to take them on as pets, and I only take in fosters from the animal shelter, and regular people... Bad timing, really. I felt horrible, because I know that store is simply awful, and the rats were so sweet.

This is the thread on PH I wrote about it... http://www.petshub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72969

Turns out, this was one of those boys!!!! :D I asked how she got him, and she said she went to the Pier (thats the baitshop) and he was all alone. We guessed that his brother had been sold off as... erm snake food. :( BUT, he was saved! Then we had a rant about how awful the Pier was for a good 20 minutes.

And I got pictures of him!!

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3410.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

I told her that rats do better with a friend, and she gasped and she said she had no idea that rats were social, but I pointed her in the right direction (to the ARL) so she could adopt from them for a buddy. :)

YAY!!!!

I am very happy this ended the way it did. I felt guilty for months about leaving those two boys there... :cry: But, now at least one of them will have a fabulous life with a truly caring owner who is willing to learn.

I have found out that he indeed has a new pal! :D Two baby boys from the ARL. YAY!!!

Back