Cage ?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilratsy43

I can never figure out the cage calculator things...idk they just don't ever seem right.

How many rats could comfortabley fit in the Martins R-690?

What about the SP ferret cage? (the one with the purple bottom)?

All you have to do is put in the 3 dimensions and then it'll tell you. BUT some cages that includes the stand so I usually subbtract a few rats from that. Like, it says that the FN can hold about 15 rats but people dont usually put more than 11 or maybe 12 in there because 15 includes the stand.

The R690 is a horribly small cage. It's 24 x 14 which in my opinion is not even suitable for 2 rats. The ramps are steep and there's no room to play, run and hop. I had it for 2 of my babies and I quickly got rid of it... rats need more room.

I usually dissuade people from the R-690...I never had one, but I saw one and didn't like the setup, toys and hammocks all had to be very small to fit into teh cramped spaces and the ramps being so steep must be modified for older or compromised rats. Just not worth it. I prefer the R-680 if you want a Martins for a few rats :)

That SP can have 6 rats in it.

I have the R690 and the R685. I have never used the R690, I got it used and I just never really had use for it. I love the R685! It just doesn't hold very many rats. I can't wait until I can get the CN, because 9 of my rats are great with each other, I just don't have a cage big enough yet....

Is the 690 the Rat Tower? It is very small for two rats, but it makes a nice little nursery cage or quarantine cage and it is small enough to be washed in the bathtub and transported in the back of a small car. Someone on Goosemoose has a thread showing how to alter the Rat Tower for elderly rats, although it wouldn't work for ones with hind-end degeneration.

Back