Cage pans!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samii

Does anyone use them and if so can you link me to the ones you use! I'm going to invest in some because my Luffy is a grump and likes to chew on my liners. >:c

It's infuriating to make it look cute and have him destroy it. My hammocks are safe, but the liners are not so I plan on using bedding and lining the shelf in my critter nation because he doesn't chew that one.

Help!

I need to invest in some of these but I am worried abotu the brats who chew through all my pans now as it is. This would solve the problem of them kicking poop and food out of their cages. I might have to order enough for all the bottoms of my cages and see how it work, maybe start with one or two then order for all the cages LOL just incase it doesnt work.

When I clean my cage next I will send a picture of how it fits. The only drawback is that it makes it hard to see them hanging out down there! :(

I actually just bought some coroplast sheets to make pans for my DCN. Im planning to work on it tomorrow so i can post updates once i get it done!

I ended up purchasing a galvanized bass pan. I hope it's not too heavy. I have a few concerns.

I made my coroplast pans yesterday and I just finished putting them in the cage now. So far I'm enjoying them! The boys also seem to enjoy having bedding, they're digging around and throwing it everywhere!

I'm going to experiment some with bedding.. I've used CareFresh Ultra in the past, but I always found it super dusty.. And I use Yesterdays News in their litter boxes, but it doesn't seem comfy enough to use as bedding everywhere. I bought some bags of Living World Fresh N Comfy because it was on sale and so far it seems quite good! Pretty minimal dust from what I can tell.

Here are some photos. Excuse the lack of hammocks, they are in the wash :p

10842252_10153182172796407_3094300329645661301_o.jpg

10957588_10153182172801407_1484723703875799876_o.jpg

They were actually super easy to make. I did mess up the big main floor pans a little, they were slightly too long, but it was easy to fix and now they fit perfectly! I can share the tutorial I used if anyone is interested :) I made the sides 6 inches high, so hopefully it will reduce the amount of poops and other debris that I have to vacuum up.

I was actually thinking of switching to litter in my pans. I bought the 3 inch pans for my double CN. I've always used fleece and would like to try litter. I bought a bag of aspen hope it works out.

I really like the idea of your base pans Marissaceleste. I might add a few walls on the sides of my cage :)

Back