Bunny ears for rats? PICS ADDED FOR NANCY

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoria

My vet is having a contest to find 'the cutest bunny pic' for his graphic designer to use in his new clinic's logo. I sent in a bunch of bunny pics already but then I thought it'd be funny to send pics of some of my rats dressed as bunnies. I have two huge albino boys I think would be a riot with bunny ears but I don't know where to look for some. Any suggestions? Ideas for DIY?

Dollar store. Find one attached to a stuffed toy.
I did that once with Bijou. lol
blurrybunnybijou.jpg

I hope so. I don't think I have a shot at winning (a few of my colleagues are submitting pictures we use for adoptions and cards and I can barely catch my rabbits to brush them or trim their nails so a photo shoot is out of the question) but at least I can stand out.

Victoria, if you do get pictures of those monster albinos with bunny ears, I want them, and I want them as soon as you make them available! You know how I feel about those boys!!! :thud:

Godmother said:
Jorats, how did you attach the ears to Bijou?
Those ears were attached to a bear and I simply snipped it off and there was already a wire going through them so it was easy to just twist it her neck. Bijou was always a doll with pics. She didn't move much.

So... I could not find bunny ears like the ones Jo used ANYWHERE. Boo! I thought about making my own but it never happened so I improvised. They aren't great but I tried :p

Ollie is wearing the green ears and Ralph the blue:

file_zps1a46cf65.jpg

file_zps8a41f973.jpg

file_zps3c424017.jpg

file_zpsb5d7cd33.jpg

file_zps16d3358f.jpg

file_zps321fcc52.jpg

f0e0d6fc-6359-49bf-a203-00ef310b62c9_zps7a5324c6.jpg

file_zps6d0f2e9c.jpg

file_zpsd7872856.jpg

I tried a pair of ears on Daisy, but that we even more disastrous:

file_zpsb8a89c03.jpg

I eventually just put all the rats on the chair (they were dying to get out) and got a few quick shots of the whole gang:

file_zps1f9df43f.jpg

file_zps8720a9c4.jpg

file_zps706e33e4.jpg

file_zps7b8014b6.jpg

I may still try again but I had to get these today to send for the contest. (I know these will not win but they'll hopefully get a laugh :D)

omg jorats those looks so real! how did you manage to keep them on?
and victoria, those are so cute lol i like the eating one, and then the second after that of the close up of their faces. hahah so funny

Oh lovely!!! :heart: Those Easter bunnies can come over to my house ANYTIME! :thud:

They are soooo big. Photos don't do them justice. Gosh, now I feel like coming over to try and kiss them... like they would let me! :giggle:

victoria said:

Thanks for the pictures... so nice to see them again! Are they getting a little friendlier with age?

Unepuce said:
Oh lovely!!! :heart: Those Easter bunnies can come over to my house ANYTIME! :thud:

They are soooo big. Photos don't do them justice. Gosh, now I feel like coming over to try and kiss them... like they would let me! :giggle:

victoria said:

Thanks for the pictures... so nice to see them again! Are they getting a little friendlier with age?

The boys are mellowing out with age, especially Ollie, but they're still oddballs. They will climb on me and come over and sniff me but as soon as I go to pick them up they tense right up. You should see the expressions of displeasure when I kiss them :p I have figured out that they prefer I pet their backsides than their heads, Ollie especially is fine with that. Ralph is still a huge ball of nerves more or less and is really difficult with other rats sometimes. He really doesn't like the sweet little 'baby', Emily, and we are often woken by her screaming because he's bullying her. She's so much faster and more agile than him though, he usually loses track of her when she runs away and then forgets what he was doing.

Unfortunately, Jojo and Nathalie have become super nervous (more so than the boys) now that they're in the colony and I can barely pick them up. At least the albino boys I can keep a hold of when I pick them up, it's really a challenge with the two girls. They're happy and they get along well with all the rats, they just don't trust us at all :(

victoria said:
The boys are mellowing out with age, especially Ollie, but they're still oddballs. They will climb on me and come over and sniff me but as soon as I go to pick them up they tense right up. You should see the expressions of displeasure when I kiss them :p I have figured out that they prefer I pet their backsides than their heads, Ollie especially is fine with that. Ralph is still a huge ball of nerves more or less and is really difficult with other rats sometimes. He really doesn't like the sweet little 'baby', Emily, and we are often woken by her screaming because he's bullying her. She's so much faster and more agile than him though, he usually loses track of her when she runs away and then forgets what he was doing.

Unfortunately, Jojo and Nathalie have become super nervous (more so than the boys) now that they're in the colony and I can barely pick them up. At least the albino boys I can keep a hold of when I pick them up, it's really a challenge with the two girls. They're happy and they get along well with all the rats, they just don't trust us at all :(

Nice to hear you are able to get at least some curiosity from Ollie and Ralph. Hopefully, they will boggle and brux for head scratches when they hit 5! :laugh4: How old are they again? Do they have much more time to mellow out?

I'm sorry to hear to hear about Nathalie and Jojo... I kind of remember the girls were happy-go girls and pretty energetic, but they didn't look so nervous (well maybe Nathalie was). Did that change once you moved everyone in?

Back